Very GMA-ish

3 Likes

Blue is better but the red “Breaking News” one is really good

2 Likes

Tongue-in-cheek mocks?

1 Like

Thanks. Forgot about that.

1 Like

If 10 wanted to revive a bit of nostalgia and embrace its younger demos with the new bulletins launching…

9 Likes

Any ones with 10 under WBD if the merger goes ahead.

Newshub used Fat Boy Slim for the launch campaign back in 2016.

5 Likes

Just to shut everybody up after all the recurring arguments on sport and news:

Using 7’s news headline supers as an ECP, shrinking the sport coverage for headlines for a minute or so. Not the exact same font, but good enough for a proof-of-concept (that few needs!). Background graphic from 7 Sport’s Facebook banner.

In the same spirit, here’s my take on it:

Standard supers. The gradient and shadows were a pain in the rear to recreate :melting_face: I’d imagine the clock flips in as the BBC News symbol pushes up to reveal the headline.

Going full red for breaking news - maybe including the bottom roller as well?

Just the strap, with the blocks going back to their original position - inspired by the roller used during matches.

(Image courtesy of RhysJR on Pres Cafe)

And a simple tag.

7 Likes

Love it. Better than the red they use

Is that light orange? Not sure I am goo crazy about the button type effect, but it looks good though I must admit. I admit the BBC’s over saturation of red is tiresome. It’s a good colour actually.

4 Likes

first mock of 2024!
New supers for ABC News Channel - I figured in terms of the supers, it would be good to see more context based on the story, especially for like breaking pressers.

9 Likes

I like the general design but it’s way too wordy in this form. Especially when you’re trying to listen to and watch the vision plus having to read a lengthy super, it doesn’t work out.

13 Likes

13 Likes

Like the idea although I think the letters T and Y go missing

8 Likes

great concept… feel the word should be within the circle, and the circle should be centred all around.

3 Likes

I like this, but the rest of the package has too much yellow/orange

1 Like

Looks very 2003.

13 Likes