Random Mocks

Good work Paddy!

1 Like

The M reminds me of the old Triple M radio logo - although maybe that’s just the style of the time period?

5 Likes

Well, thank you @Tane04!

2 Likes

Been a while since I posted anything on here, so here’s some random news stuff reheated:
BBC News
Future Earth
The new Future Earth programme looks more effort paid when it’s using the Chameleon BBC Earth graphics…

And an experiment that went nowhere, based on the refreshed BBC Sport endcap on generic matches (courtesy to RhysJR on Pres Cafe). Yes, I know the background didn’t age well…

US Television

Experimenting with some graphics for My53 News at 8/KMSG-LD in Fresno, after seeing discussions on the one-man-band newscast heated up again on TVNewsTalk. The colour scheme aligns closer to their opener, and the supers are more compact that looks better when without a ticker.

This one, from early 2022, was just done in disbelief, after seeing folks on TV Live Forum praising WSVN Florida’s over-the-top graphics and how they’ll be retained till the end of time. It’s slightly flatter than what they’re using (and more orange-red for the Circle 7 symbol), but I retained some reflective effects on the supers.

5 Likes

What if The Breeze had a new name and new branding after all these years?

Open Air would be a new name for The Breeze and its mock logo and colours would be identical to that of Sky’s free-to-air television channel, Sky Open (in real life; see below).

Logo courtesy of Sky Network Television; no copyright infringement intended.

Auckland

Wellington

Canterbury (Christchurch)

3 Likes

Thought I’d have a go at trying to better adapt the 1998 variant of the ABC News 1985-2005 theme with tweaks to the current opener…

10 Likes

Is the ABC finally going to use the Pendulum remix? :rofl:

6 Likes

If they did, that’ll get people watching ABC News at 7:00 every night.

1 Like
2 Likes

A little too up beat in my opinion for the type of headlines displayed though an interesting experiment.

Cool though how you managed to isolate the main theme from the voiceover.

I feel it would suit something a little more soft, like a lifestyle program of some sort.

3 Likes

I’m not certain that Icehouse would allow an instrumental of ‘Electric Blue’ to be used as a news theme, though.

5 Likes

trying to predict what the supers might look like - still a WIP, with little to work on from the trails

16 Likes

I like the super for the reporters name but the headline super is a bit cluttered. Would rather have a different colour or something for the second line super… can’t wait to see it in action soon

3 Likes

Nine’s new Olympics watermark would look better if it were stacked, as at least one other user here suggested.

8 Likes

I think I’d personally flip them, rings above the Nine logo.

Here’s my version, but should have been a bit smaller in my opinion.

4 Likes

The IOC rules state positioning of the rings with logos, I don’t think they are allowed to have the rings above.

3 Likes

6 Likes

If Today decides to take inspiration from Sunrise in the new year…

17 Likes

So simple, but very effective! I love it. Nice job :+1:t3:

2 Likes