Random Mocks

so rnz under a different name and brand colours which were similar to today fm?

@Michael_Eccles Although the brand colours are similar to the now-defunct Today FM (through MediaWorks) and RNZ’s own personalities are used, this is not a continuation of RNZ National under a different name.

I created TalkNZ as ‘the new voice of talk radio’ and a companion to my dream television network, PTV Network New Zealand (as a fictional broadcaster), but not MediaWorks, Newsroom, NZME, RNZ or Stuff (in real life). I wanted to describe it as ‘a mix of up-to-the-minute news, current affairs, open-line talkback and weekend lifestyle and music content’.

Here’s how a typical week’s schedule works if TalkNZ becomes a reality.

Weekday programming would begin at 5am with Rachel Smalley presenting an early morning news programme, then Corin Dann takes over with three hours of news, views and interviews to start the day (6-9am). Sacha McNeil would present news updates every 15 minutes with full bulletins on the half hour all morning (5-9am).

Mark Sainsbury would return to the airwaves and host his mid-morning mix of talkback and interviews (9am-12pm); this is followed at noon by a lunchtime programme devoted to business and finance with Jonathan Mitchell (ex-RNZ; now at NBR) presenting a blend of news, interviews and market updates, then Wallace Chapman in the afternoon (1-4pm).

Lisa Owen would host a three hour drive slot with news, views, interviews, commentary and occasional talkback (4-7pm) and, between 4-6pm, Susie Nordqvist would deliver and update the news every 20 minutes with extended updates on the hour.

After a nightly current affairs spot (7-8pm), Jesse Mulligan would lead the weeknight chat and take listeners’ calls on open-line talkback until midnight - except on Fridays, where Miles Davis would be the host.

Weekend programming on TalkNZ, from 6am until 6pm, covers everything from current affairs to lifestyle topics and included in that line-up would be Graeme Hill’s weekend afternoon slot (2-6pm). But the evenings (6pm to midnight) look like Newstalk ZB’s.

For music fans, unable to listen to Magic on FM, Saturday nights would be devoted entirely to classic jukebox hits from the 50s & 60s and the first three hours of Sunday nights (6-9pm) would feature classic country tunes, with Mark Leishman (ex-Magic; now at RNZ) hosting both shows.

Petra Bagust would round off the weekend with her Sunday night talk show (9pm to midnight) and hosting midnight-to-dawn talkback would be Mikey Beban and Joe Reid.

1 Like

Wishing our amazing Matildas the best of luck for tonight’s game in Sydney (as a celebration, here’s some logo mocks I made) :yellow_heart::green_heart:

15 Likes

No SBS?

7 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Thread

Did you mean Random Thread?

1 Like

(Accidentally deleted original post, sorry)

More specifically:
7vvw37

4 Likes

It’s very early days… but, thoughts for a rebrand of Today on Nine?

24 Likes

Well done MBB. I like it.

3 Likes

Sorry, but your ‘rebrand’ mock just uses elements of the NBC Today look; all you’ve done is reposition their own logo.
Perhaps consider incorporating elements from Nine News’ previous designs and finding creative ways to repurpose or integrate those into the new design.

2 Likes

Funnily enough it’s all made from scratch. Haven’t repurposed at all. It’s a different font, the sun wasn’t from the Today logo even if it may be similar. Sunrise also has a sun logo. Today Aus has also had versions “sun” logos as well.

This is also just the logo. You’re yet to see any of a further package with it in use.

9news doesn’t have any elements that could be used and I feel Today should be independent.

I’ll go back to the drawing board and come up with some alternates to appease you. But to be honest this incorporates the history of Today Aus.

The arch from the previous and current logo. The same style of typeface as present and in the incorporation of the Sun logo

2 Likes

Has Today Aus seriously been around since 1982?

1 Like

You need not ‘appease’ me in any way. I was merely offering feedback on your mock. I do concur that Today ought to possess a distinctive appearance. However, it would be more meaningful to incorporate elements from Nine’s own history and the program’s previous identities, rather than aligning it with an unrelated program.

Today ran a 40th anniversary show last year

3 Likes

It’s a good challenge. I’ll give it a crack with this in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah?

5 Likes

A loose concept idea for News First

14 Likes

don’t mind it (but do hate ‘host’ in the super)

2 Likes

Back again, trying to move away from the similarity of the Today (US) sun.

Thoughts? Feels more modern to me?

24 Likes

Love it! Would love to see lower thirds graphics developed using the logo

2 Likes