Random Mocks

I wasn’t suggesting it would ‘fit’ today. I was simply saying that the 1990’s type globe style would be better suited to this application in a co-branding sense as it would return an iconic piece of the Wide World Of Sports brand. If Nine follow the same strategy with a joint Nine/Stan Sport brand like they currently do with events they will need to have branding that shows this which can only mean the globe|Stan Sport branding would need to continue.

2 Likes

yes but I think there is a requirement from the IOC that they have to have the rings in the watermark. would look very long if the rings were added. will see what happens

2 Likes

Could be the current dual watermark but the right is 9 or Stan, and the left is replaced with the Olympics logo?

1 Like

What if TV2 (now TVNZ 2) brought back the old South Pacific Television name (from the 1970s) and the old channel symbol (from the 1980s)?

The channel had branded itself as “TV2 South Pacific Television” since its launch (30 June 1975), according to sources. In 1976, it dropped the TV2 moniker and was renamed simply South Pacific Television before merging with TV One (now TVNZ 1) to form TVNZ in 1980. This also reduced confusion in Auckland and Dunedin where TV One broadcast on channel 2 (TV2 broadcast on channel 4 in both centres).

Additionally, the iconic TV2 logo from the old TVNZ era was used from 1982 to mid-1987.

The mock production endcap is identical to the one used, in real life, by Australia’s Nine Network during the early to mid 1990s.

3 Likes

It would’ve been fine if Channel i was a niche entertainment channel; it didn’t, as it was Channel 5’s only TV rival at the time in terms of general entertainment.

Having 5 and Channel i under common ownership (not gonna go technical, given SG’s small territorial space) would’ve meant programming changes to avoid any duplication. Channel U was kept on the air after the buyout, because…Chinese majority demo, and made it a channel for Asian dramas with Mandarin audio dub.

I cannot comment much on Mediacorp’s news output domestically, but I guess logistics and CNA might be the reasons News Tonight doesn’t rebroadcast late night on linear TV. If Channel i was kept, in my view, a News Tonight rebroadcast won’t be necessary.

1 Like

admittedly, a quick 5 minute job, but I do feel that this holds up to their legacy much better…

2 Likes

What if the blacks and yellows on KDKA are flipped the other way round? It looks more reasonable to me…

And this is made before knowing their morning news uses a yellow accent, which might have a similar open to this! :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

LVE from 7 Tasmania…

swoosh- your nightly news with Kim Millar, begins now…

I

17 Likes

Looks like the Sky News aston font. Nice touch!

2 Likes

Inspired by this, I thought about moving 10’s flagship newscast to 8pm, and renaming it to 10 News Primetime (as they aren’t exactly First in this case):

The show logo. Not too sure the font for 10 News First, so I substitute it with Barlow Condensed.

The open. I thought about making the ring around dark blue gradient, but it blends in with the background, so I decided against it. The evening sky background was from Unsplash (ironically shot in Canada!), overlaid in dark blue and purplish gradient.

The same colour scheme is also used in the headlines. Here you can see where the logo is inspired from - the underlines between the headline. I thought this looks a bit more authoritative, so I adopted it to the main symbol.

The supers, basically inverting the white ones in generic bulletins. In supers and bugs, the alternative 10 Primetime logo is used instead.

27 Likes

Awesome Idea. :+1:

4 Likes

Looks good! Run it locally at 9pm every weeknight/national weekends and you’d have a major point of difference

5 Likes

Discussions in Pres Cafe a few days ago sparked this random idea: What if Channel 4’s newest ident is accompanied with the window layout on South Korea’s KBS1?

Given both packages are based on squares in perspectives, I think this’d be a great match:

The ECP, utilizing the promo endboard layout. Unlike KBS’, I used the colour gradients on C4, where different ones can also be used to promote other channels (purple for E4 etc).

An alternative version with a programme thumbnail. Not too sure if the font size is too small though.

Promo supers, used in the middle of longer trailers.

And the text-based endboard. The 4 symbol’s placement is based on their old look back in late 90s.

Programme menu. The box animates differently than that of the ident, plus moves and highlights the show as the VO progresses.

9 Likes

this would work so well for Seven!

1 Like

based on the current BBC Sport graphics:

4 Likes

Just playing around with a sun icon I made

13 Likes

What if TVNZ brought back the iconic chart-based music show, Ready to Roll (RTR)? Here’s the customised RTR logo in which I made.

4 Likes

ala House Hunters/Perfect Home Asia. Very nice.

Great…. Can’t unsee now

1 Like

that’s a very 90s/early 00s looking logo

2 Likes