Random Mocks

Attempt Number 2:

1 Like

safe zones…?

4 Likes

The fonts look like something from Microsoft Word which unfortunately cheapens the look.

5 Likes

Including the above, here are some things you can do to improve this mock:

• Abide by TV safe zones
  • Use a nicer font. fonts.google.com has a lot of really nice classy ones which might work
  • For your watermark, make them transparent and in a whiter/grey tone
  • For the titlecards, consider the background colours which the logos sit on - they can clash (especially the Here And Now one)
  • The biggest piece of advice I can say is learn to use something other than MS PowerPoint - https://getpaint.net/ is free, Photoshop etc
6 Likes

Hmm…

1 Like

What if Channel i didn’t cease broadcasting after SPH Mediaworks was sold, and adopted the new Mediacorp 2023 rebrand?

The new symbol. Like Channel U, I think the i would be taken out of the globe and flattened.

The channel ident.

Station bug. The film demonstrated is Notting Hill which, according to Wikipedia, was shown as part of their i Movies timeslot.

Promo open, utilizing the same design as Channel 5’s.

Promo endboard. The show here is an actual show on Channel i, and is probably the only Channel i show archived on Youtube (aside from the news).

Programme menu. Shows aside from News Tonight (which would be a Channel 5/i simulcast in this case) are taken from their penultimate broadcast.

The countdown clock to News Tonight.

4 Likes

ABC World News Tonight with the STV News Theme - YouTube

1 Like

Hot off the press: Some breaking news graphics following recent mayhem at the BBC :see_no_evil:

The supers. The red bug is inspired by the CBS News sizzle reel; they’d use the standard blue one for breaking news in real life, but I think this suits the nature of the news more.

Full-screen graphic for a quote. The layout is referenced from this CBSN Colorado graphic.

And a very long stretch (time wise) to the original US Mornings: Rebranding Jeremy Vine’s show as 5 News Mornings. As his show uses a flipper to reveal social links, I used the one in CBS News instead.

15 Likes

Looks amazing.

3 Likes

I agree although I would’ve lent more towards the CBS Evening News look rather than the CBS Local O&O look myself as it would align better IMO. Channel 5 doesn’t do local news broadcasts so aligning it with CBS Local doesn’t quite work. Maybe if Paramount bought a local-tv service like London Live or adopted an ITV-style approach to regional news on Channel 5 this look would suit.
Great work though!

2 Likes

Some random Ch9 olympic concepts should they revert back to the older style logo seen on some print and social promos.

8 Likes

More:

5 Likes

The amount of polish and attention to detail in this mock is impressive, looks as if they were real caps! :clap:

Despite the chunky Nine logo likely to suffer from loss of details at smaller sizes for digital uses, it’d be interesting to see it make a return, it’s certainly very dominant compared to the current iteration.

4 Likes

I much prefer the smoother 9 than the current 2d variant with the larger square cutouts.

3 Likes

Why not just reinstate the 1990’s WWOS globe style?

5 Likes

when nine last had the olympics they had something similar to my concepts and didn’t use the wwos logo though that would make sense as it is their sports brand.

1 Like

That is true however when you think about the lead-up to the 2012 games Nine used ‘the globe’ logo together with the Olympic Rings on WWOS broadcasts. The Nine logo was only really used during coverage of the games itself.

1 Like

The 90s globe won’t fit into the digital age

1 Like

I wasn’t suggesting it would ‘fit’ today. I was simply saying that the 1990’s type globe style would be better suited to this application in a co-branding sense as it would return an iconic piece of the Wide World Of Sports brand. If Nine follow the same strategy with a joint Nine/Stan Sport brand like they currently do with events they will need to have branding that shows this which can only mean the globe|Stan Sport branding would need to continue.

2 Likes

yes but I think there is a requirement from the IOC that they have to have the rings in the watermark. would look very long if the rings were added. will see what happens

2 Likes