Radio Stations - Music Logs

With these comments in relating to New FM & comparing it with Hot Tomato in response to the latest Newcastle radio ratings that was released this morning:

I thought I’d take a look at how New FM compares to Hot Tomato (or any ARN Regional station for that matter, given they’re on the same log). :slight_smile:

105.3 New FM - Newcastle, NSW
“Newcastle’s Best Music Variety”
Friday 14th August 2026 - 9am-12pm AEST

9am

Artist Title
DNCE Cake By The Ocean
Taylor Swift I Knew It, I Knew You
Goo Goo Dolls Slide
Milky / Mall Grab Just The Way You Are (Remix)
Train Drops Of Jupiter
Miley Cyrus Midnight Sky
Temper City Self Aware
Jennifer Lopez If You Had My Love
Harry Styles As It Was
Bruno Mars I Just Might
Bon Jovi Bad Medicine
Cherry Bomb You Oughta Know
Savage Garden Affirmation
Noah Kahan The Great Divide
Pink Never Gonna Not Dance Again
The Offspring Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
Anne-Marie 2002

10am

Artist Title
Martin Garrix / Ed Sheeran Repeat It
John Farnham That’s Freedom
Justin Bieber Ghost
Sonny Fodera/libianca Let Me Be In Your Arms
Tom Walker Leave A Light On
OneRepublic I Ain’t Worried
Jet Are You Gonna Be My Girl
Josh Fawaz Like A Prayer
Go West King Of Wishful Thinking
Alex Warren Fever Dream
Lil Nas X That’s What I Want
Panic! At The Disco I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Ella Langley Be Her
Cold Chisel Cheap Wine
Olivia Dean Baby Steps
Lost Frequencies / Calum Scott Where Are You Now
Adele Rolling In The Deep

11am

Artist Title
Taylor Swift / Sabrina Carpenter The Life of a Showgirl
The Rembrandts I’ll Be There For You
Bruno Mars 24K Magic
Ariana Grande Hate That I Made You Love Me
Teddy Swims Mr. Know It All
The Kid Laroi Thousand Miles
Pat Benatar All Fired Up
Harry Styles American Girls
Robyn Dancing On My Own
Post Malone Chemical
G Flip Bed On Fire
Jonas Brothers Sucker
Madonna Holiday

102.9 Hot Tomato - Gold Coast, QLD
“The Gold Coast’s Best Music Variety”
Friday 14th August 2026 - 9am-12pm AEST

9am

Artist Title
Regard Ride It
Taylor Swift I Knew It, I Knew You
Oasis Don’t Look Back In Anger
Josh Fawaz Like A Prayer
Rosa Linn) Snap
INXS I Send A Message
Alex Warren Passenger
Jax Jones / Raye You Don’t Know Me
Olivia Dean Baby Steps
The Offspring Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
Justin Bieber Anyone
Sonny Fodera Ft Libianca Let Me Be In Your Arms
3 Doors Down Kryptonite
Noah Kahan
Delerium / Sarah McLachlan Silence
Tate McRae Just Keep Watching
Mark Ronson / Bruno Mars Uptown Funk

10am

Artist Title
Imagine Dragons / JID Enemy
Ed Sheeran A Little More
Fountains Of Wayne Stacy’s Mom
Ella Langley Be Her
Womack & Womack Teardrops
Sam Smith I’m Not The Only One
Milky / Mall Grab Just The Way You Are (Remix)
Green Day When I Come Around
G Flip Bed On Fire
Jonas Brothers Sucker
Teddy Swims Mr. Know It All
Destiny’s Child Jumpin’, Jumpin’
sombr My Body Isn’t Ready

11am

Artist Title
Alex Warren Fever Dream
Powderfinger Passenger
Nicky Youre / Dazy Sunroof
Olivia Rodrigo Stupid Song
Bryan Adams Summer Of '69
Morgan Wallen Thinkin’ Bout Me
Bomfunk MC’s Freestyler
Harry Styles American Girls
Lady Gaga / Bruno Mars Die With A Smile
Sugar Ray Every Morning
Cherry Bomb You Oughta Know
Post Malone Circles
Taylor Swift Elizabeth Taylor
6 Likes

As promised over in the “Radio History” thread, as we are talking about C91.3’s early years due to it being its 25th birthday today, I’ve found the earliest log I’ve done of the station that I posted on another forum from back in the day.

Here it is. :slight_smile:

C91.3 - Campbelltown, NSW
“Rock, Pop And The Best of The Rest”
Friday 25th May 2007 - 1-2pm AEST

“Into The Dark” Ben Lee
“Slide” Goo Goo Dolls
“The Sweet Escape” Gwen Stefani
“Spirit In The Sky” Norman Greenbaum
“Long Day” Matchbox 20
“7 Seconds” Neneh Cherry feat. Youssou N’Dour
“If You Don’t Mean It” Dean Geyer
“Listen Like Theives” INXS
“Selling The Drama” Live
“Beautiful Liar” Beyonce feat. Shakira

And as a bonus, here’s a log from sister station i98FM from that same hour.

i98FM - Wollongong, NSW
“Your Station”
Friday 25th May 2007 - 1-2pm AEST

“Talk” Coldplay
“Suddenly I See” KT Tunstall
“Too Fast For Me” Cruel Sea
“Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is” Jet
“Predictable” Delta Goodrem
“This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race” Fallout Boy
“Golden Years” David Bowie
“Red Dress” Sugababes
“All Good Things (Come To An End)” Nelly Furtado
“Adam’s Song” Blink 182
“Waiting On A World To Change” John Mayer

6 Likes

David Bowie on i98FM? WTF.

That was around the time when Wave FM went from an AC format to a ‘Jack FM’-type format with their “Playing Whatever We Feel Like” positioner, in which i98 responded by broadening its playlist to play a bit more older music from the 70s & 80s to block Wave.

3 Likes

Norman Greenbaum between Gwen Stefani and Matchbox 20. Ghastly.

1 Like

Thankfully, the music on C91.3 and i98 has improved a great deal since 2007. It would be interesting to see a comparison from a playlist taken now for both C91.3 and i98.

Thanks to Lava, I can get them in an instant. :slight_smile:

The following are from yesterday at 1-2pm.

C91.3 - Campbelltown, NSW
“Macarthur’s Radio Station”
Friday 14th August 2026 - 1-2pm AEST

Artist Title
NSYNC Bye Bye Bye
Sienna Spiro Material Lover
Tonic If You Could Only See
Florence & The Machine Spectrum
The Power Station Some Like It Hot
Charli XCX Apple
The Temper Trap Sweet Disposition
Olivia Rodrigo Stupid Song
Will Smith Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It
Macklemore / Ryan Lewis / Ray Dalton Can’t Hold Us
Cold Chisel Standing On The Outside
Natalie Imbruglia Just Drive
Matchbox Twenty Unwell

i98FM - Wollongong, NSW
“Feel Good”
Friday 14th August 2026 - 1-2pm AEST

Artist Title
Taylor Swift Anti-Hero
George Michael Careless Whisper
Ella Langley Choosin’ Texas
Nickelback How You Remind Me
Justin Bieber Speed Demon
Katy Perry Teenage Dream
Aerosmith I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
Teddy Swims Mr Know It All
Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling
Disco Lines / Tinashe No Broke Boys (Remix)
3 Likes

As promised, here is an hour of C91.3 from its first day in 2001. DJ was Byron Webb.

They were giving away ‘10 000 T-shirts in 10 000 days’ to celebrate the launch. I wonder how many C 91.3 shirts are kicking around Campbelltown these days? I also remember that they handed out bumper stickers at Glenfield station, thanks to my friend at the time (they probably also did it at the other railway stations in the area).

C91.3 - Campbelltown, NSW
“The biggest variety of rock and pop”
August 13 2001 (launch day) ~1255 to 1355 AEST

REM- Orange Crush

Ronan Keating- Life Is A Rollercoaster

Matchbox 20- Bent

Big Audio Dynamite- Rush (album edit)

Smash Mouth- All Star

U2- Elevation

Sheryl Crow- A Change Would Do You Good

Texas- I Don’t Want A Lover

Madonna- Beautiful Stranger

Billy Idol- Sweet Sixteen

Something For Kate- Monsters

Third Eye Blind- Semi Charmed Life (radio edit)

Robbie Williams- Supreme

Bryan Adams- Run To You

The Corrs- Breathless

8 Likes

I like this catch phase as didn’t limit them to any decades of music. I also like pop and rock music. Cranny classic nine at nine had great memories of that show even though it made its name on Triple M back in its day.

4 Likes

And my two favourite genres. So many great songs in them, including unflogged classic.

3 Likes

Perhaps I mostly heard classic rock in Cranney’s 9@9, skewing my perception of the overall format a bit. I think it was the only time I consciously tuned in to C 91.3 (and it wasn’t an every day occurrence, either). Being only 15 at the time I was mostly besotted with Nova and Triple M :smiley:

I didn’t really get into classic rock until I heard Radio Hauraki on a trip across the ditch in 2004. That was when I heard Jethro Tull for the first time.

2 Likes

The Fresh Mix dot Com
Chart Mix Rewind - 1991
Monday 24th August 2026
10:00 am to 11:00 am
Aired on internet stream

01 - Eurythmics - Sweet dreams (are made of this (Giorgio Moroder 1991 remix edit)
02 - Hall and Oates - Starting all over again
03 - Will to Power - I’m not in love
04 - Susanna Hoffs - My side of the bed
05 - Cathy Dennis - Just another dream (12 inch mix)
06 - Gloria Estefan - Can’t forget you
07 - Crowded House - Fall at your feet
08 - Pete Wylie - Don’t lose your dreams (with Yah)
09 - Baby Animals - Early warning
10 - Tony Christie - Come with me to paradise
11 - Audrey Landers - Seven days
12 - Debbie Gibson - Anything is possible
13 - Keith Urban - Only you

5 Likes

A different form of music log today, based on Lava.net.au - song plays on Melbourne commercial radio from 6 am to 6pm with Dolly Parton. The surprise to me was that Fox rather than 3MP was leading this charge with Smooth up there, as expected. Similar to 3MP, I found Gold 104.3’s efforts a bit disappointing - not interested after the C O’C show. The high proportion in breakfast (being 19 of the 43 plays) probably partly due to the immediacy of the news and I suspect that outside breakfast many stations are reluctant to break network logs (or the downside of voice tracked shows).

6 Likes

Station - The Fresh Mix dot Com
Date - Sunday 30th August 2026
Time - 16:00 - 17:15 hrs AEST
Format - Rewind special on Dolly Parton
Playout - Internet stream

01 - 1973 - Dolly Parton - Jolene
02 - 1974 - Dolly Parton - Love’s like a butterfly
03 - 1977 - Dolly Parton - Here you come again
04 - 1978 - Dolly Parton - Baby I’m burning
05 - 1979 - Dolly Parton - You’re the only one
06 - 1981 - Dolly Parton - 9 to 5 (single version)
07 - 1982 - Dolly Parton - Do I ever cross your mind
08 - 1983 - Dolly Parton - Save the last dance for me
09 - 1983 - Kenny Rogers - Islands in the stream (duet with dolly parton)
10 - 1985 - Dolly Parton - Real love (duet with Kenny Rogers)
11 - 1986 - Dolly Parton - Think about love
12 - 1987 - Trio (us) - To love him is to know him (ronstadt parton and harris)
13 - 1987 - Dolly Parton - The river unbroken
14 - 1988 - Dolly Parton - I know you by heart (duet with Smokey Robinson)
15 - 1988 - Dolly Parton - Make love work
16 - 1994 - Julio Iglesias - When you tell me that you love me (with dolly parton)
17 - 1997 - Dolly Parton - Peace train (original album version)
18 - 2000 - Trio (us) - After the goldrush

2 Likes

Would have loved to have nerded out on the same statistics for Michael Jackson back in 2009. As I related on the deaths thread, literally nearly every station on a bandscan that morning was playing him.

1 Like

Station: The Fresh Mix dot Com
Date: Sunday 6th September 2026
Time slot: 16:00 to 18:00 hrs Sydney time
Format: The Audio Attack (random mix)
Playout: Internet stream

01 - Bruno Mars - On my soul
02 - Weeknd - In your eyes (featuring Doja Cat) (remix)
03 - Wallenstein - Jo jo
04 - Dire Straits - Industrial disease
05 - Michael Jackson - Billie jean (2022 MFSL master)
06 - 100 Ton and a Feather - It only takes a minute
07 - Andy Surdy - Gunfire
08 - Shadows - Foot tapper
09 - Ritchie Family - American generation (euro 7 inch edit)
10 - Pinups - Call me babe
11 - Lisa Nemzo - I don’t wanna fool with love
12 - Grace Pool - Awake with the rain
13 - Ed Sheeran - A little more
14 - Rick Springfield - I get excited
15 - Alvin Stardust - I won’t run away
16 - Kylie Minogue - Love at first sight (ruff and jam us radio remix)
17 - Michael Stanley Band - He can’t love you
18 - Shower Scene From Psycho - I’m into something good
19 - Hipsway - Long white car
20 - Hall and Oates - Downtown life
21 - Nice and Wild - Obsession (money can’t buy you love)
22 - Bulldogs Allstar Goodtime Band - Miss september
23 - Shalamar - Make that move
24 - Ned Miller - Do what you do (do well)
25 - Erasure - Stop
26 - Tommy Shaw - No such thing
27 - Whitney Houston - Love is a contact sport
28 - Kristy McNichol - Hold on (2007 lighting vinyl master)
29 - Shauna Jensen - Send your love
30 - Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons - Hit and run
31 - Dollar - Who were you with in the moonlight (1992 castle mastering)

3 Likes

I managed to get it on time and record it today, looks like an interesting list. Listening now.

Great, thanks for the thumbs up. I think we have things together enough now that we’ll be doing this every Sunday arvo now from 16:00 hrs (sydney time) for the forseeable future, thinking of calling the show the 1600 Sunday Club. Just planting a seed and seeing where it will go from there. I gave up on doing shows at midnight on 2000, as I would be half asleep every time I would present; I know there is podcasting and pre-recording, but when a show is not live, most of the magic is gone. :frowning:

1 Like

Track 04
Dire Straits, ‘Industrial Disease’
This is what I ended up with after nearly 40 years of working in manufacturing :blush:
Track 27 : a not so well known song from the late Whitney Houston

Do you blame the management or the other employees?