Radio Data System (RDS)

I hope 2DAY FM is next. That looks decent.

What was different?

You make something cool and they all copy you :slight_smile: oh well last I was first

2 Likes

The old setup had “Hits & Old School”, the show name and the song name. Headings on those slides are new though.
I noticed the headings (e.g.: “ON AIR:”) were added a few weeks ago. Today is the first time I’ve seen the weather and social media info but I haven’t driven a car with RDS for the last week so it could have been added anytime in the last week.

1 Like

A small insight into the RDS system at SCA Melbourne courtesy of Dan Hill’s Instagram (@thatdanhill)

3 Likes

What’s the DLS thing up above the RDS for FOX?

I believe it’s the DAB+ equivalent of RDS.

1 Like

Digital radio. Dynamic label scrolling

1 Like

2GO has had no RDS now for about a month.

I wonder what is taking them so long to get it back up and running.

C91.3 has slightly changed their RDS, in which they added the space between 3 & F, meaning that it’s now read as “C91.3 FM”. Also, they now have RadioText, simply displaying the station name, even when a song is playing, meaning that they don’t have a ‘now playing’ info on its RDS.

1 Like

Two new RDS logs

Port Stephens FM 100.9

2SER FM Sydney 107.3

1 Like

And in other RDS notables:

SBS Sydney on 97.7 doesn’t have any RDS at the moment

Star 104.5 RDS’s has had the song/title info stuck on “Lay Your Love On Me - Roachford” all day.

I’ve noticed that too on my parents’ Forester this morning.

Also, interesting to see that 2SER has RDS whereas FBi doesn’t. Then again, when I was down in Melbourne nearly 2 months ago, neither 3RRR & 3PBS have RDS.

1 Like

RDS on 2SER FM must be a fairly recent development.

If I’m not mistaken, they’re the 3rd or maybe 4th Sydney-wide community station to do RDS.

SBS Melbourne had it’s RDS stuck for a while, dunno if it still has RDS.

I note that Sunshine FM 104.9 has added song title and artist to their RDS.

1 Like

I helped them out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought so :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get occasional RDS with 2OOO on my WFR28C but never on my 909X which is weird. 2SER is occasional too on both units…

That’s interesting…

I’ve never seen any RDS on 2OOO.

What does it show?