Radio Data System (RDS)

I cannot decode RDS on the work truck radio at the present time for Triple J Sydney, it is normally not a problem.

Will try the stereo with the dx setup.

3 Likes

I’m not surprised with the low RDS injection level, which continues.

I note this morning that their RDS RT (Radio Text with song info etc) has been restored. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just tried Triple J on the hifi with the dx setup.
Full RDS decode with scrolling text, but I receive the Sydney fm’s at massive signal levels.

3 Likes

Well I’ll be buttered on both sides

PI code issue FIXED!

5 Likes

You contacted them?

2 Likes

No!

It was ironic, I know you mentioned that they should fix it only a couple of days ago in this post here…

Yes that’s correct.
Highly likely someone reading our posts in this forum sparked some activity with the station. Thank you to that person. :clap: :innocent:

2 Likes

Issue has been fixed for awhile, I fixed the issue months ago
Unless someone screwed around broke it and has since fixed it again it should has been fixed the whole time

3 Likes

It’s the first time I’ve seen it on my car radio.

I don’t understand why someone would have gone and changed it back after you fixed it, or whatever. Weird.

1 Like

Possibly had something to do with the transmitter crapping itself a couple of months ago, or has it been an issue longer than that?

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to decode any RDS since Tuesday on 97.3 in Brisbane.

They had a massive outage at around 10.13, dead air for 4 minutes… then the crash carts, before 5 seconds of the newsreader and then back onto the playlist.

3 Likes

This is what it looks like to me

2 Likes

Oh that’s right, occasionally I’ll get that one line of text… seems that they had a massive crash

1 Like

The dynamic feed is working on DAB with song title etc

2 Likes

Hey @TV.Cynic while you’re there can you post the abomination that is what 98.9 have done with their RDS in the last couple of weeks? Song titles/artists as alternating words in the PS

2 Likes

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

Noticed that Sunshine FM’s RDS isn’t operating atm.

3 Likes

Thanks and that’s horrid I know, both 2NUR and Port Stephens FM have tried that mess here, thank goodness it’s gone now.

1 Like

SBS Canberra on 105.5 now has RDS SBSRadio text.

3 Likes

The SBS Canberra RDS on the Sony received around 150km away from the transmitter.

5 Likes

Good work on the RDS changes @RFBurns !

9 Likes