Queensland State Election - Media Coverage

Live from ALP

7 Likes

4 Likes

Sky sharing cams with the ABC at the LNP conference. Maybe they have to rely on old Aunty because they can’t access 7 and 9 cams anymore?

I remember the last VIC state election was around November 2014 (Daniel Andrews upset), full term - in line with previous November 2010.

A couple of months before last QLD state election (January 2015).

VIC state election still isn’t until at least November next year.

So did Anastacia Palazcek call a really early election (sorry if I’m out of the loop) in QLD :open_mouth:

ABC wrapping up now. Counting has stopped until the morning.

1 Like

Nine just finished - Seven running a highlights closer.

1 Like

So did Anastacia Palazcek call a really early election (sorry if I’m out of the loop) in QLD :open_mouth:

Not particuarly, last one was in Jan 2015, government formed in February.

One was due before March 2018.

We’re moving to four year terms anyway after the next election around 2020.

2 Likes

Sky News just finished up as well. Looks like we’ll have a few days to wait before we know how this will end up.

4 Likes

Ch 7 Brisbane finished at 11:25pm [Qld time].

Nearly 1 hour over-time from scheduled.

Oh okay thanks, just assumed QLD was already 4 years too.

Seat wrap-up on ABC finished - ABC News Channel now going to a very late news bulletin while ABC going to something else (guessing it’s Father Brown).

Matt Canavan, James Ashby, Jim Soorley (slightly less so than the first two) were all insufferable and it made it difficult to keep watching the respective telecasts whenever they were given the floor.

I liked the shot on 9 from behind the panel when interviewing some of the candidates. It seemed though that 9 had a lot more trouble than the others with interviewees not being able to hear the panel’s questions, which made for a lot of awkward silences.

Nine montage from last night to highlight presentation elements

1 Like

Same for Seven

2 Likes

7’s looks fine. 9’s was very awkward.

Last night’s coverage was nothing special on all four networks that covered it, but I think ABC always does the best job at covering such elections.

1 Like

Nine’s coverage was far superior. From set and graphics, to panel and camera angles. It was by far a better show. ABC did a solid job as well but I felt was lacking that X factor.

4 Likes

ABC opener + closer:

According to different media websites, ABC News was tops in the ratings for Brisbane’s election coverage. Seven News was a distant last.

1 Like

I agree. I did some flicking last night, and I much preferred the coverage from Nine, though the ABC were a very close 2nd IMO.

1 Like