Q+A

###Billy Bragg returns to Q&A

Monday 10 April at 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & ABC News 24

Joining host Tony Jones on Q&A in Sydney next Monday:

• Minister for Communications Mitch Fifield

• Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs Penny Wong

• Acclaimed author Nikki Gemmell - who’s latest book tackles the impact of her mother’s suicide

• Ethicist Margaret Somerville – who is critical of the growing push for euthanasia

• British political singer-songwriter Billy Bragg

Billy Bragg will close the show with a song.

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, ABC News 24, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Members of the public can: Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

Q&A has already pioneered the use of Facebook Live and this year Q&A became the first Australian TV program streamed live on Periscope. Viewers can watch the program on Periscope through Twitter while following or joining the Twitter conversation, or watch and comment on Facebook – the choice is up to them.

I didn’t think ABC News 24 carried Q&A anymore. Likewise the show isn’t broadcast live on ABC television outside of Sydney timezone.

Does ABC need to fix its pr templates??

It’s on the TV Fix guide for this coming Monday in Perth. Was it dropped at some point?

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17807323_10208765267353567_1905735316327810468_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=130b0fe3f2f2b0f9da8198631a9404eb&oe=59935547

More accurately Q&A is shown in non AEST areas live on ABC24 - so available at 9.05 CST and 7.35 AWST

###Germaine Greer returns to Q&A

Monday 24 April – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

• Feminist icon and provocateur Germaine Greer

• Assistant Immigration Minister Alex Hawke

• Shadow Minister for Environment Tony Burke

• Victorian Senator Derryn Hinch

• Zimbabwean sustainable farming advocate Chido Govera

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, the ABC NEWS channel, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Members of the public can: Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

Q&A has already pioneered the use of Facebook Live and this year Q&A became the first Australian TV program streamed live on Periscope. Viewers can watch the program on Periscope through Twitter while following or joining the Twitter conversation, or watch and comment on Facebook – the choice is up to them.

Oh my God, this show has become a parody.

1 Like

###Veep creator Armando Iannucci joins Q&A next Monday

Monday 1 May at 9.35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

• Scottish satirist and creator of Veep Armando Iannucci

• ANU Vice Chancellor and Nobel Laureate Brian Schmidt

• Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce

• Deputy Opposition Leader Tanya Plibersek

• Research Director of IPSOS Mind and Mood Report Laura Demasi

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, the ABC NEWS channel, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

2 Likes

Is this the sort of social media content the Australian Broadcasting Corporation should be producing? Seriously.

I look forward to this, Veep is an excellent show. Good hear the Veep creators thoughts on the current political climate not only just in the US, but the dominoe affect it’s having on world wide.

Personally, I don’t think the opinions of the “Veep” creators (what?) on the current political climate in the US, has anything to do with what the Australian Broadcasting Corporation should be covering. Just my opinion, of course.

Have you ever submitted a question, attempted to get in the audience?

No, it’s not any longer a forum for sensible debate; any moderate voices are shouted down, hissed at. A pantomime.

I did once, on welfare, lol. Never got used. It was a “sensible” question.

I’m going to ignore this bate… however I will give you a spot on the following comment…

Hence why I don’t watch it weekly. I can take it on a monthly basis and still get quite annoyed. I think my main gripe with this show is that the questions are never getting answered properly. If they are - then Tony Jones comes in and takes the question and then spins it to himself and the question is derailed. Isn’t the point of the Q&A to be interactive with the audience, or is it be reactive to Tony Jones?

It’s how it appears to me, and it’s been like that. Got worse last year. However that being said, sometimes they do have a great panel which jell with the audience too and the questions are being actually answered. However i haven’t seen that in a long time.

3 Likes

Q&A in Melbourne on the eve of Budget 2017

Monday 8 May – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

On the eve of Budget 2017, Q&A will broadcast live from Melbourne.

Joining host Tony Jones is:

• Minister for Veterans’ Affairs and Defence Personnel, Dan Tehan

• Tasmanian Labor Senator, Lisa Singh

• Comedian and Broadcaster, Dave Hughes

• Taxation lawyer and corporate strategist, Mark Leibler

• Victorian CEO Urban Development Institute, Danni Addison

2 Likes

For your future reference, it’s spelled “bait”.

Sorry, but me saying that social media content created by the ABC titled “How Donald Trump ruined Veep” is inappropriate, irrelevant nonsense, is not bait for anyone. It’s simply the truth. Don’t use terms if you don’t understand them.

Right.
Moving on. Did anyone watch this week’s Q&A?

Virginia Trioli hosting tonight.

It’d be nice if she took over hosting duties permanently; Tony is too biased to be taken seriously any more.

###Q&A Budget 2017 – LIVE from the Gold Coast

Monday 15 May – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

This Monday night, a special Budget 2017 Q&A broadcasting live from The Arts Centre Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise.

Joining host Tony Jones on the panel live in front of an audience of 850 will be:

• Simon Birmingham, Minister for Education
  • Chris Bowen, Shadow Treasurer
  • Larissa Waters, Queensland Greens Senator
  • Innes Willox, CEO, Australian Industry Group
  • Miranda Stewart, Director, Tax and Transfer Policy Institute ANU

Members of the public can:
•Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda
•Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda
•Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda
•Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda
•Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.