Q+A

No, you didn’t argue that the panel would attract viewers. But you were arguing that this panel would not be a turn-off for viewers as I had described it would be.

Sorry, what’s bullshit, and what do you mean nothing of the sort?

This is what you are referring to. Are you saying you didn’t argue the panelists were very widely known? Think you’re the one lying mate. You’ve twisted my statement that you were proved incorrect with the ratings, as somehow being that I said you thought ratings would be high with this panel.

Correct. Now go away.

How about you go away instead of pestering people that want to legitimately talk about Q&A in the Q&A thread, instead of picking fights on irrelevant minor points and wording, about a show you’ve just said you couldn’t give a shit about?

How about that?

If you didn’t keep incorrectly attributing comments to me then I wouldn’t have to respond to them to set the record straight.

So please feel free to talk about Q&A (or any subject) without hanging shit on forum members for expressing a differing opinion.

You literally came into a show’s thread (that apparently you don’t care about) to argue on a minute point that I was wrong in saying, generally, that a panel with Mem Fox was a panel of nobodies.

Ridiculous. Actually pathetic.

FFS :rolling_eyes:

Yep, that’s exactly how I feel arguing silly little points with someone that actually admits they couldn’t give a shit about this programme.

Let me scroll up literally a third of the way up this thread:[quote=“Firetorch, post:101, topic:608”]
Oh God what a bunch of nobodies.
[/quote]

This argument is really going somewhere…

For the record, for a show as shitty and manufactured as QandA, I agree with @Frankie :

1 Like

Yes. Totally stand by those two statements. Bunch of nobodies with no prominent public image, and viewers tuned out in record numbers because of it. Simple.

This thread is going nowhere fast. Move on please or take it to PMs.

2 Likes

###The facts of fake news

Monday 20 March – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEDT) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & ABC News 24*

This Monday night Q&A is back in Sydney with host Tony Jones and a focus on fake news, alternative facts & the post-truth era.

Joining the panel:

• Former director general of Al Jazeera Network Wadah Khanfar
  • Research director First Draft News Claire Wardle
  • Journalist and broadcaster Mark Day
  • Liberal Senator Zed Seselja
  • Labor frontbencher Terri Butler

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, ABC News 24, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Members of the public can:
•Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda
•Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda
•Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda
•Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda
•Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

*Airs on ABC News 24: QLD 8.35pm; SA 9.05pm; NT 8.05pm; WA 6.35pm

Can’t wait for this thread to gain 50 posts about fake news by early Tuesday morning…

Can we expect an Alternative Facts edition of Bolt next week as a rebuttal? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To fit in Media Watch between it and Four Corners?

Four Corners used to go till 9.15 then Media Watch to 9.30.

But these days Four Corners goes to 9.20 which pushes MW to finish at 9.35.

Ha, for years I post nearly every week about Q&A’s panel selection and no one ever responds to the thread, because no one watches it.

Therefore, discarding the outlier last week where JBar decided to pursue a childishly irrelevant point, why on earth would there 50 posts here on Tuesday morning?

Far left programme, whose viewership has been decimated recently, decides to do another large troll and discuss fake news…with news being represented by Al Jazeera. Yawn! Obvious troll by Q&A is obvious.

Buzzfeed has uncovered that one of the questioners on Q&A last night was a former staffer of Tony Abbott. He claimed that news outlets such as the ABC focus too much on “homosexual marriage”. He has also previously been condemned by his own party for alleged homophobic comments on social media.

Q&A TO DISCUSS INTERNATIONAL SECURITY

Hunters and Collectors’ Mark Seymour joins the Q&A panel

Monday 27 March at 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEDT) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & ABC News 24*

With the world reeling from the latest terror attack in London, Q&A shifts its focus to international security along with a healthy dose of Australian politics.

Joining host Tony Jones:

• International security adviser Lydia Khalil

• Former state Liberal leader Kerry Chikarovski, who was in Westminster during the 2005 attack

• Businessman Peter Holmes à Court

• Hunters and Collectors’ Mark Seymour joins the Q&A panel

• Victorian Nationals Senator Bridget McKenzie

• Labor frontbencher Amanda Rishworth

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, ABC News 24, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda
Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda
Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda
Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda
Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

*Airs on ABC News 24: QLD 8.35pm; SA 9.05pm; NT 8.05pm; WA 6.05pm

###THE BIG PICTURE

Monday 3 April – 9.35pm

This week Q&A throws the focus to global with a panel of big thinkers.

Joining host Tony Jones on the panel is:

• Controversial feminist and author of Heretic Ayaan Hirsi Ali

• Nobel Peace laureate and founder of Grameen Bank Muhammad Yunus

• Former Prime Minister of Denmark , now CEO of Save the Children International Helle Thorning-Schmidt

• Author & historian Paul Kelly

Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda

Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda

Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda

Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda

Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

Q&A has already pioneered the use of Facebook Live and this year Q&A became the first Australian TV program streamed live on Periscope. Viewers can watch the program on Periscope through Twitter while following or joining the Twitter conversation, or watch and comment on Facebook – the choice is up to them.