Q+A

Just happened to stumble in on Q&A in its last few minutes.

“we have to cut you off we’re out of time”
“we’re out of time”
“just quickly because we’re out of time”

“Yes I have a question about marriage equality…”

Show goes for another 20 minutes

:weary:

3 Likes

Mei Fong returns to Q&A

Airs Monday, 31 July – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

Next Monday night, Q&A broadcasts live from Sydney with host Tony Jones.

Joining the panel will be:

• Trade Minister Steve Ciobo

• Shadow Finance Minister Jim Chalmers

• Chinese American author and journalist Mei Fong

• Foreign Affairs editor, The Australian Greg Sheridan

• Senior economics writer, Fairfax Media Jessica Irvine

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, the ABC NEWS channel, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Members of the public can: Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

Q&A has already pioneered the use of Facebook Live and this year Q&A became the first Australian TV program streamed live on Periscope. Viewers can watch the program on Periscope through Twitter while following or joining the Twitter conversation, or watch and comment on Facebook – the choice is up to them.

Do we always need the foreign guest or two on this show? So much cultural cringe on display here.

And always someone ready to give the naughty, white, “Anglo” audience a tap on the knuckles for being so “racist” and insensitive about whatever topic is discussed.

I realise the left loves this kind of sadism, but it’s really quite boring and dated.

1 Like

I mean, why, if she is an American national, does she even need to be promoted as “Chinese American”, apart from dog-whistling to the far-left audience that she’s not really American and is oh so liberal.

1 Like

Q&A GARMA - a special event - hosted by Stan Grant

Broadcast Live on ABC NEWS channel Saturday 5 August at 10PM AEST

from the Garma Festival in remote Arnhem Land

Where ceremonial dance, political and business debates come together

…and Streamed on Facebook, Youtube & Periscope

Rebroadcast on Monday 7 August – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

Joining the panel will be:

• Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion
  • Cape York leader Noel Pearson
  • Professor of Indigenous Studies Marcia Langton
  • Garma Festival director Denise Bowden
  • And the Yothu Yindi Foundation’s Djapirri Munungirritj

The show will close with Yolngu musician Yirrmal performing his song Spirit of Place.

Members of the public can: Register to be part of the Q&A LIVE studio audience at: abc.net.au/qanda Submit questions for the panel, also at: abc.net.au/qanda Contribute to the discussion via Q&A’s Twitter highlights feed, using #qanda Submit live questions via Twitter using #qanda and @qanda Follow @qanda on Twitter to receive first-hand updates about the program and panel members.

Someone needs to tally up how many Indigenous specials they do, and then compare with how many specials they do for Australians of other racial (and ethnic) backgrounds.

All Australian taxpayers pay for the ABC, and all Australian taxpayers should be represented in their broadcasting.

I think I’ve seen Marcia Langton about a gazillion times on this show…

Didn’t they just do one recently for NAIDOC week?

1 Like

Yes I thought so, which is why this one so soon after seems bizarre…

1 Like

Federal Opposition Leader Bill Shorten is the sole guest on tonight’s episode.

1 Like

ducks for cover

2 Likes

GEORGE BRANDIS & DAN SULTAN JOIN Q&A

Monday 28 August – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview & ABC NewsRadio

Next Monday night Q&A broadcasts live from Sydney with host Tony Jones and a lively panel:

• Attorney-General George Brandis

• Manager of Opposition Business Tony Burke

• Tasmanian independent senator Jacqui Lambie

• City of Sydney councillor and marriage equality advocate Christine Forster

• And indigenous singer songwriter Dan Sultan

• Dan Sultan will close the show with a performance of his song Kingdom.

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Sounds like a corker (and not just because I’ve heard of all five panelists)

Lambie and Tony Abbott’s pro gay marriage sister. Yum

I thought the ABC had told its staff to use the term same-sex marriage instead…?

In any case, where is the balance to having an advocate for the Yes vote on?

I think Lambie is on record as being against SSM but will vote according to how Tasmania votes in the survey.

Is that balance good enough considering separately they have an “advocate” for one side of the debate on the panel? Lambie is not exactly an advocate…and, to balance her views, the other two politicians on the panel, George Brandis, and Tony Burke, are for the Yes vote.

That’s at least a 3-1 split in favour of Yes…this is how the BBC stacks Question Time panels with pro-EU voices every week too. So transparent.

Broadcasting from the new Southbank studio in Melbourne for the first time. Big studio

2 Likes

A.C. GRAYLING RETURNS TO Q&A

Monday 11 September – 9.35pm on ABC, simulcast LIVE at 9:35pm (AEST) on iview, ABC NewsRadio & on the ABC NEWS channel

Q&A is back in Sydney this Monday night with:

• Philosopher A.C. Grayling

• Liberal Senator Zed Seselja

• Shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus

• South Australian independent Senator Lucy Gichuhi

• Visiting Israeli MP and feminist Merav Michaeli

Q&A is simulcast LIVE around the country on ABC TV, the ABC NEWS channel, ABC NewsRadio and iview. Australia Plus Television also broadcasts Q&A in to Asia and the Pacific.

Haha, no surprise this guy is a big drawcard for the ABC and this show, his far-left ranting and rambling on Brexit is seriously delusional.

Virginia Trioli is hosting this week.

1 Like