Pure Gold Network

Will depend on how the new studio build goes, KIIS is priority & if things go to plan they’ll move this coming weekend, WSFM may move the weekend after (studio moves will be done over the weekends).
CADA studio fit-out hasn’t even started yet, their move might be a month or more away yet, depending if any issues arise with finishing & use of the new KIIS & WSFM studios?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Ugly Phil testing the new studios for WSFM

3 Likes

If the ARN/SCA deal goes through. What do you think ACP will do with WS and GOLD? Will they hold onto them and build a network with the 2DAY/FOX stations? Or fire sell them off to a buyer?

1 Like

I think ACP wouldn’t change much programming or brand wise. Maybe align the WS playlist with Gold’s since it rates better but that’s about it?

ACP will be more interested in cutting back end costs and getting the stations leaner to sell on in a few years time.

They are not a media company so I don’t think they’ll keep them for long.

4 Likes

It’d be odd for ACP to change WS/GOLD into a copycat of Triple M. I think they’ll keep the “Greatest Hits”/Pure Gold format… especially considering these stations are both currently outrating 2MMM & 3MMM.

4 Likes

WSFM line up for the next 2 weeks

6-10am Ryan
10am-2pm Ugly Phil
2-6pm Steve Fitton

2 Likes

WSFM line up this week

6-10am Ryan
10am-2pm Ugly Phil
2-6pm Bill Weaver

1 Like

Where’s Jonesy and Amanda gone?

Holidays

1 Like

I would think that Triple M Sydney would go more towards the format of WS fm. J&A would probably transfer over to Triple M and M&MG would move to WS fm. Triple M Sydney could sound a cross between Triple M Brisbane and WS Sydney.

It is a given Christian O’Connell will transfer to Triple M Mel if the merger goes ahead, they won’t give him to ACP as he is ARN’s top talent in Melbourne and contracted to ARN for quite some time.

3 Likes

All 3 announcers currently on air this week on WSFM will broadcast live from North Sydney studios tomorrow.

1 Like

Look at the playlist in Adelaide, which is “good times, greatest hits” with a lot less skew towards rock - especially heavier-style rock. Triple M Adelaide has rated #1 for the last year or so, granted they don’t have a WSFM equivalent to compete against (Gold is on the AM band), and no K&J (we still have Mix), but the format with a morning show that’s not just about sport, and a variety of music can still work. Whether or not Christian wants to be part of that will be interesting - personally I don’t see why they’d give up his show on Gold so easily when it does so well.

1 Like

Because he has no choice. Like K&J, he’s contracted to ARN, not Gold104.3. If ARN no longer own Gold104.3, he goes where they want him to go.

3 Likes

After a couple of false starts from Ugly Phil :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: they will definitely broadcasting live from North Sydney studios tomorrow. :blush:

3 Likes

Perfect timing. So their final show in North Ryde was also J&A’s final show before survey break?

A clever way to iron out any technical issues without the A-team there.

Correct. So Ugly Phil and Bill Weaver will be live tomorrow at North Sydney studios.

1 Like

Since they broadcast live to North Sydney yesterday… WSFM plays original version of each artists. :blush::blush:

2 Likes

Jacqui Kassulke now doing Totally 80s from today on WSFM.

2 Likes
2 Likes