Pure Gold Network

‘Party Playlist’ just started on WSFM and it started playing 2 songs at once… Michael Jackson’s ‘Smooth Criminal’ with Diana Ross’s ‘Upside Down’ on together… sounded quite a mess!

Both finished at the same time and now it’s back to one song only (this time John Farnham’s ‘That’s Freedom’ ).

5 Likes

WSFM has refreshed its playlist since yesterday. More 90s and early 00s… but more 80s and less 70s

3 Likes

So it’s more like 2Day and Smooth now.

1 Like

Even with a cheat list there seems to be some dumb listeners who will call in for virtually every song.

The playlist has been pretty decent recently. They just need to stop restricting the playlist to 80s during lunch and on weekends.

3 Likes

I can’t see anything wrong with a Cheat Sheet.

It drives listeners to their website - where they’ll probably see a few client ads, or click onto other WSFM pages. Clever IMO.

And at the end of the day - you still need to be the lucky caller on-air to win. So it wouldn’t really matter too much.

4 Likes

Blink182 All The Small Things sounds out of place on the WS I know and love.

4 Likes

So does Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit! LOL

1 Like

Settle down old mate. That song was released in 1999, 24 years ago! So a 50 year old today would have been 26 then. Time flies! Hope you’re well? We’re overdue for a coffee catch up. Baz

5 Likes

KIIS 106.5 played Cone As You Are during KissTory a couple weeks ago too.
It was almost a “Did they Really Just Play That Moment”

1 Like

I reckon older KIIS listeners don’t mind a bit of grunge, just not Triple M levels of it.

Yet Nova won’t play it.

1 Like

Telarah Bowling Club isn’t big enough for both of us!!

Definitely well overdue. I’ll give you a buzz next week and arrange it.

Someone made a 2WS playlist on Spotify - it’s pretty good!!

1 Like

Would be great if they could put some old 1224 jingles up there to go in between songs!

1 Like

Cuts at Cruise 1323 Adelaide. Radio Today reports Dom Rinaldo and newsreader Alan Baskin have been made redundant.

Mark Elliston has also been removed from the Cruise website.

5 Likes

TBC is well and truly big enough mate! Chat soon.

Wow. What’s happening at Cruise1323?

3 Likes

Yes, going through a pretty bumpy patch (no pun intended!) by the sound of things

IIRC Dom is heard on SEN SA anyway each day. So maybe his commitments there are too big?

I wonder if we’ll see more networking/sharing of jocks from Gold104.3 on Cruise1323?

A shame to see redundancies - as Cruise is a decent performer in Adelaide. Maybe since the sale of 4KQ, ARN no longer want to focus on Classic Hits, rather Pure Gold? Mind you, some of the ARN Regional stations could do with the same playlist as Cruise1323 (e.g. 2ST).

2 Likes

Could be ARN getting out of AM.

3 Likes

It would be a shame if Cruise 1323 dumps 60s and 70s music in favour of the same 60 or so songs from the 80s, 90s, 00s and 2010s as currently heard on Gold 104.3. No other commercial radio station in Adelaide plays 60s and 70s.

7 Likes