Pure Gold Network

Meanwhile, in Brisbane, 4KQ is doing their “Super Sack of 70s Hits”, which started yesterday (Boxing Day) & will continue until 6pm at New Years Eve.

Their playlist can be found here: http://cdn.arn.com.au/media/8345118/santas-sack-2017-sheet1.pdf

2 Likes

From 1 January 4KQ again has their 25 years in 25 days - up to Australia Day. It’s a chance to hear info and audio from iconic news events and TV shows as well as the music from 1964 to 1988.

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed the 70s week on KQ. So many great songs I haven’t heard in years.

2 Likes

WSFM playing a heap of fantastic 12 inchers from the 80s tonight. Great listening.

New Sensation from INXS 12 inch is playing right now, and it’s not one that I’ve heard before.

3 Likes

The station will introduce two new workday announcers: Mike Hammond for mornings & Steve Fitton for afternoons. Jason Staveley will remain on drive, as well as maintaining his role as Music Director.

Looking at Online Radio Box, it appears that WS has dropped “80s Lunch” at 12-1pm weekdays. Gold 104.3 is continuing with their “80s Lunch” as normal.

3 Likes

That can only happen if ARN sells off 50% of Nova 93.7 to Nova Ent, who already owns the other 50%.

6iX has been underperforming in the ratings when compared to 4KQ in Brisbane & Cruise in Adelaide, in which they’re rating quite competitively with some of the commercial FM stations. Despite having FM translators in the outer northern & southern suburbs of Perth, 6iX is rating way behind the commercial FM stations, and would have an even tougher battle for the adult audience in the southern suburbs if/when 6MM in Mandurah converts to FM.

2 Likes

Yeah, ARN is probably better off continuing taking 50% of the profits Nova Perth rather than potentially losing money on 6IX.

4 Likes

When the media laws change, couldn’t ARN have all 3 stations?

AFAIK, the new media laws that was changed last year does not include changes to radio ownership (aside from scrapping the 2 out of 3 rule). In other words, the ‘2-station’ rule is still in place, so even if Blyton/Cameron were to sell off 6iX (which seems unlikely), ARN won’t be able to buy it.

Here’s the Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Broadcasting Reform) Act 2017 for reference: Federal Register of Legislation - Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Broadcasting Reform) Act 2017

3 Likes

ARN could always trade Nova Entertainment 50% of Nova Perth for 50% of 97.3 Brisbane. Would be good if 6IX was part of the network, then all 5 cap cities are covered with both KIIS and Pure Gold. I reckon ARN could lift 6iX from its current 4% to about 6 or 7% share.

1 Like

Surely they must be an announcement soon on Golds 2018 line up. WS new weekday line up. GOld still doesn’t have a breakfast show or host announced yet? Any body know anything??

1 Like

Here’s what I said last week…

Looking at it today, the “80s Lunch” has returned to WS this week.

2 Likes

WS in Sydney will be playing nothing but Australian music this Australia Day next Friday.

Source: Radioinfo

6 Likes

Good

If that includes music from Kids in the Kitchen, Pseudo Echo and Maddison Avenue I will glued to 101.7 all day!

2 Likes

Christian O’Connell from Absolute Radio in the UK is rumoured to be announced as Jo & Lehmo’s replacement on GOLD 104.3. The announcement is expected in February. http://radiotoday.com.au/sounds-like-radio-190118/

Oh he’s great. I listen to Absolute 80s all day at work on their app and his breakfast show comes on about 4pm

But will a Brit voice work in Melbourne breakfast? He might be great at his job, but he won’t fit the bogan mould.

1 Like

Why do you think Gold is a Bogan station?