Pure Gold Network

ARN could always trade Nova Entertainment 50% of Nova Perth for 50% of 97.3 Brisbane. Would be good if 6IX was part of the network, then all 5 cap cities are covered with both KIIS and Pure Gold. I reckon ARN could lift 6iX from its current 4% to about 6 or 7% share.

1 Like

Surely they must be an announcement soon on Golds 2018 line up. WS new weekday line up. GOld still doesn’t have a breakfast show or host announced yet? Any body know anything??

1 Like

Here’s what I said last week…

Looking at it today, the “80s Lunch” has returned to WS this week.

2 Likes

WS in Sydney will be playing nothing but Australian music this Australia Day next Friday.

Source: Radioinfo

6 Likes

Good

If that includes music from Kids in the Kitchen, Pseudo Echo and Maddison Avenue I will glued to 101.7 all day!

2 Likes

Christian O’Connell from Absolute Radio in the UK is rumoured to be announced as Jo & Lehmo’s replacement on GOLD 104.3. The announcement is expected in February. http://radiotoday.com.au/sounds-like-radio-190118/

Oh he’s great. I listen to Absolute 80s all day at work on their app and his breakfast show comes on about 4pm

But will a Brit voice work in Melbourne breakfast? He might be great at his job, but he won’t fit the bogan mould.

1 Like

Why do you think Gold is a Bogan station?

It’s not Triple M :wink:

There’s already one on Melbourne workdays…?

2 Likes

Rating what?

1 Like

The CO’C has been confirmed for Gold breakfast.

1 Like

COC in aus? that makes me happy. back when i worked shifts i’d listen to his breakfast show via streaming when i was on nights as it would come on as i woke up for work.
and About 12 or so years ago i was even on his show requesting a song.

3 Likes
1 Like

There are 19 million Australians over the age of 18 yet not one of them is suitable for the breakfast shift on 104.3?

It looks like this station could soon be renamed Bronze 104.3

6 Likes

In a world first, ARN will bring a highly successful international show to Australia, demonstrating its commitment to innovation continuously poaching talent from other stations

Fixed the linked press release for ARN

6 Likes

Why are they doing it?

1 Like