Public Transport

Mind the Gap! :wink:

Brisbaneā€™s Cross River Rail project will now incorporate the planned redevelopment of the Roma Street Parklands into an entertainment precinct dubbed Brisbane Live.

I believe that the original plan for CRR was to basically completely renovate Roma Street Station (the busiest train station in Brisbane), giving the 10 platforms and busway terminal a makeover while also building another series of platforms underground to allow CRR trains to stop at Roma St. The new plan is basically that plus a large entertainment venue opposite to the Transit Centre, which is excellent news since it means that transport to and from major concerts wonā€™t be an issue.

1 Like

make it stop

4 Likes

What happens when you ask the general public on a vote to name things. Youā€™re almost guaranteed Mc-X-face will win nowadays. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

So the names of the new ferries areā€¦

Victor Chang
Fred Hollows
Catherine Hamlin
Ferry McFerryface

The last one ruins it IMO.

8 Likes

Bit disrespectful to the other three names too, brings the standard down.

2 Likes

My suggestion for an absolutely ridiculous and not to be taken seriously name for a new Sydney Ferry would be the Delayed! :smiley:

2 Likes

Suggestions for the new Sydney light rail vehicles:

• YOLO
  • Swag
  • FOMO
  • Smashed Avo
  • Fake News
  • Instaworthy
  • Trammy McTramface (the certain winner).

If the authorities make the same mistake again, they are simply cretins of the highest order. I would say that itā€™s a very Sydney thing to do, this, but the erstwhile sensible Brits have our number on this one.

1 Like

I think Zyzz is a contender.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll sheepishly put my hand up and confess I nominated a Mc-X-face name when a competition was held to name something in our office recently. The suggestion received plenty of likes but, surprisingly, didnā€™t win.

1 Like

Were the votes anonymous?

Yes

About October?

1 Like

:joy:

Ian Kiernan is not happy. Dumped for a joke name.

Itā€™s a bit of fun but itā€™s really rude if they told him they were going to name it after him but then changed their minds.

4 Likes

Commonly used term in the Railways on hot days.

No thatā€™s WOLO :smiley:

1 Like

Another public transport sweetener for SEQld today - Labor promising to build the second stage of the Eastern and Northern busways.

As someone who commutes by bus along the route where the Eastern busway will eventually run, this is a great policy.