PTV Network graphic mocks

ELECTION NIGHT 2023 GRAPHICS

Here are the mock graphics for PTV Network New Zealand’s (as a fictional broadcaster) election night coverage, as the country goes to the polls this year.

1 Like

nice
personally i find the side graphics too bulky

1 Like

Thanks, @Michael_Eccles. You’re more than welcome to recreate my mock graphics if you can!

Some of it may get cut off thanks to safe zones

2 Likes

The polls are now closed (as at 7pm NZ time) and the results for the 2023 general election are in.

PTV Network New Zealand’s (as a fictional broadcaster) election night coverage would simulcast on both PTV and the PTV News Channel.

For viewers of PTV, the eight regions (Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Hawke’s Bay, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin) would opt out of the network and show brief updates on the local election covered by regional news teams at approximately 7.45, 8.30, 9.15, 10.00, 10.45 and 11.30pm.

Here are the mock graphics I made and this is for the Tauranga/Bay of Plenty opt-out as an example.

For viewers of the PTV News Channel, live updates on the Māori electorates would screen (in lieu of the regional opt-outs) at approximately 7.45, 8.30, 9.15, 10.00, 10.45 and 11.30pm with the updates being presented entirely in te reo Māori with English subtitles. Here are the mock graphics for the Māori election updates.

4 Likes

looks good paddy

2 Likes

Thanks, @Michael_Eccles!

2 Likes

PTV NETWORK NZ CHANNEL BRANDING 2024

@Michael_Eccles In 2024 a fresh logo for PTV Network New Zealand (as a fictional broadcaster) was revealed. The design prominently featured the Southern Cross and coincided with the launch of several new channels and the rebranding of some existing ones.

Along with these updates, I modified my mock graphics by removing any use of te reo Māori (one of the three official languages in NZ along with English and NZSL). This decision was influenced by the formation of a new Coalition Government, led by the National Party’s Christopher Luxon as Prime Minister with support from the ACT and NZ First parties, after the 2023 general election. It should be noted that the Government proposed to scale back the use of te reo last year, although this is not relevant to the topic at hand.

The font has also changed from Calibre to Open Sans and here are the colours for the 12 PTV Network New Zealand brands (PTV, PTV Shake, PTV Gold, PTV Nitro, PTV Peach, PTV 13, PTV Shake Extra, PTV Gold 2, PTV Nitro Extra, PTV Peach Extra and PTV Rewind).

UPDATED GRAPHICS

Below are the examples of my work for 2024.

Classification, accessibility and audience advisory at the start of programme

At the start of a PTV Network New Zealand programme, the best time to inform viewers is at the beginning.

The symbol denoting the programme classification, as well as any audience advisory and accessibility symbols, will appear in the top left corner of the screen and will stay on for a maximum of 12 seconds. The accessibility symbols, indicating captions for the deaf or audio descriptions for the blind, will be located below the classification symbol or a combined classification/audience advisory symbol.

Furthermore, the audience advisories will also be displayed in the top left corner alongside the classification symbol or combined classification/audience advisory symbol at the start of the programme.

Ear symbol at the start of programme

When it comes to news, current affairs and certain live-to-air content, such as live sport, an ear symbol indicating captions for the deaf will appear in the top left corner of the screen for a maximum of 6 seconds. However, it is not consistently shown after every commercial break.

Programme return graphics (PRGs)

After each commercial break the classification symbol, as well as any audience advisory and accessibility symbols, will appear in the top left corner for a maximum of 6 seconds. The ‘Now’ and ‘Next’ graphics are displayed in the bottom right corner with the channel logo to indicate the current and next programme. After 6 seconds the symbols disappear and the Now graphic switches to the Next graphic which will appear on screen for another 6 seconds.

In addition to the Now and Next graphics, the ‘Later’ graphic will also be shown after the final commercial break. The Now, Next and Later graphics display the current programme, followed by the next programme and then the programme after that, unless otherwise specified.

If a closedown time is scheduled after the next programme, only the Now and Next graphics will appear on screen. Similarly, if a PTV Network New Zealand channel closes down after the current programme, only the Now graphic will be shown.

Promo endboards

End credit promos (ECPs)

Programme menus and cross promos for PTV Sport and PTV+

All photos contained in the images above are samples only; no copyright infringement intended.

5 Likes

looks real fresh, good work paddy!

3 Likes

I appreciate how much work has gone into this. Love the passion and enthusiasm, and a great high quality mock that looks more or less broadcast ready too. Nice work :+1:

3 Likes

@TheEditor I am extremely grateful for your positive feedback; it means a lot to me.

3 Likes

PTV NETWORK NZ PROMO ENDBOARDS FOR 2024 (CHANNEL SPECIFIC)

As mentioned in my previous post, below are the promo endboards for all 12 PTV Network New Zealand channels in 2024.

PTV

PTV SHAKE

PTV GOLD

PTV NITRO

PTV PEACH

PTV BREEZE

PTV 13

PTV SHAKE EXTRA

PTV GOLD 2

PTV NITRO EXTRA

PTV PEACH EXTRA

PTV REWIND

All photos contained in the images above are samples only; no copyright infringement intended.

3 Likes