PTV Network graphic mocks

A page to discuss the graphics for PTV Network New Zealand (Patrick Te Pou Enterprises Ltd). Below is a still of the PTV1 channel ident via Microsoft PowerPoint.

3 Likes

PTV NEWS GRAPHICS

Below is a set of graphics for all PTV News bulletins using Microsoft PowerPoint.

OPENING TITLES

OPENING HEADLINES

LOWER THIRDS - PTV NEWS BULLETINS

LOWER THIRDS - PTV NEWS TODAY VERSION

LOWER THIRDS - NIGHTLINE VERSION

LOWER THIRDS - BREAKING NEWS

FINANCIAL MARKET GRAPHICS

TEASERS (PRIOR TO START OF AD BREAK)

CLOSING LOWER THIRDS (AT THE END OF BULLETIN)

Dedicated to @AK_NEWS @LiamP & @Leo_Puglisi6.

6 Likes

PTV SPORT GRAPHICS

Below are the graphics inspired by Sky Sport which, in real life, is described as ‘The Home of Sport’.

There are two versions: one for free-to-air coverage via PTV Network’s linear channels and one for PTV Sport+, a premium sport streaming service similar to that of Spark Sport. Both versions have different watermarks, depending on the channel or platform.

I describe PTV Sport as ‘your free-to-air home of Rugby, League, Netball, Football, Racing and much more’ and PTV Sport+ as an extension of the PTV Sport brand.

RUGBY (DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL)

RUGBY LEAGUE (NZ WARRIORS)

NETBALL (DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL)

FOOTBALL (WELLINGTON PHOENIX)

RACING (ALL NZ RACES)

5 Likes

PTV NEWS GRAPHICS (NEW FOR 2022)

Below is a set of graphics for all PTV News bulletins using Microsoft PowerPoint, although the colour theme is changed and most of the graphics have given a tweak for 2022.

OPENING HEADLINES

WATERMARK & NEWS TICKER

NOTE: The PTV News watermark appears on the bottom right corner of the screen during all PTV News bulletins.

NOTE: A news ticker - sourced from the PTV News newsroom, MetService and Reuters - will only run across the bottom of the PTV News 24 channel.

LOWER THIRDS

BREAKING NEWS

NOTE: A breaking news ticker will run across the bottom of breaking news events.

FINANCIAL MARKET GRAPHICS

CLOSING LOWER THIRD (AT THE END OF BULLETIN)

@Kathryn_Milin @LiamP @TBoy @McMuffinMan17 @Biscuit45 @TBoy @charlie @MichaelPower @Michael_Eccles More adjustments to come but what do you think?

6 Likes

SUNRISE GRAPHICS

Below are the graphics loosely based on the Australian breakfast programme “Sunrise” which screens on the Seven Network - news ticker, lower thirds, full screen graphics etc.

The same graphics, as shown below, apply to Sunrise’s companion programmes - Early Sunrise and Saturday Sunrise.

From my opinion, Sunrise runs from 6-9am on weekdays and combines half hourly news, sports and weather updates with current affairs, interviews, human interest stories, entertainment and showbiz gossip. It is preceded at 5.30am by Early Sunrise, a half hour package of overnight news, business reports and financial market updates. And on Saturdays from 7-9am, Saturday Sunrise is a lively mix of news, sport, lifestyle and entertainment.

@Kathryn_Milin @LiamP @TBoy @McMuffinMan17 @Biscuit45 @TBoy @charlie @MichaelPower @Michael_Eccles

8 Likes

IMO I feel like the blue is a bit dated and the same with the logo. Here is my take. Hope you like it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Michael_Eccles I liked it but the font family needs to be Calibre, as shown below.

I use the Calibre font family in all my graphics as a first choice.

2 Likes

Sure! I used medium and regular :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you like it

1 Like

TE HĒTERI GRAPHICS

Below is a set of graphics for PTV Network’s daily Māori language news programme “Te Hēteri” (which literally means ‘the sentry’ or ‘the lookout’).

The graphics are identical to the PTV News bulletins, although they are translated into te reo Māori (the Māori language), which is the official language of Aotearoa New Zealand, and the colour theme is green. At PTV Network New Zealand (as a fictional, mainstream broadcaster), our ability is to promote and support the use of te reo Māori where possible.

For those of you who are non-Māori speakers and do not what the language means, below is a glossary of the words and phrases translated. I must remind all of you that the words and phrases, as shown in the images below, are examples only.

GLOSSARY

E haere ake nei = Coming up
Kei tua ake nei = Still to come
Ka haere te kaupapa tuatahi ki konei = First headline goes here
Ka haere te kaupapa tuarua ki konei = Second headline goes here
Ngā kaupapa matua i te tīmatanga = Headlines at the start
Ngā kaupapa matua i mua i ngā whakatairanga = Headlines prior to commercial break
Kua whakauruhia tauwāhi ki konei = Location inserted here
Kua whakauruhia te ingoa ki konei = Name inserted here
Ko te ingoa o te kairīpoata = Reporter’s name
Rina 2 = Line 2
Ināianei = Live
Taiwhanga pāho = Studio
Tāmaki Makaurau = Auckland
Whakapā mai mā te īmēra = Contact us via email

OPENING HEADLINES

WATERMARK

LOWER THIRDS

@Kathryn_Milin @Michael_Eccles The use of te reo Māori is an editorial decision for broadcasters that are based in New Zealand, but what do you think of the graphics for “Te Hēteri” (‘the sentry’ or ‘the lookout’)?

5 Likes

It’s great. Maybe just make the lighter green a bit lighter :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

TE HĒTERI GRAPHICS (UPDATE)

In response to a reply sent to me by @Michael_Eccles, the “Te Hēteri” logo and graphics have been updated.

The lighter green had to be a little bit lighter so that viewers can see different variants of the colour theme: one dark and one light. Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

See above for a glossary of the words and phrases translated.

LOGO

OPENING HEADLINES

4 Likes

PROGRAMME CONTENT ADVISORY INFORMATION

Classifications and timebands on free-to-air television in New Zealand have changed since 1 May 2020, so I created the programme content advisory slides using Microsoft PowerPoint.

These slides - which contains a classification label (PG, M, 16 or 18) - will only appear at the start of programmes with any of those classifications, as mentioned above, on all PTV Network channels. The G classification is not included.

For your guide, the classification labels are listed (briefly) as follows:

• G - Approved for general viewing
  • PG - Parental guidance recommended for younger viewers
  • M - Suitable for mature audiences 16 years and over
  • 16 - People under 16 years should not view
  • 18 - People under 18 years should not view

Along with the classification symbols, audience advisory symbols will also appear at the start of the programme and after each commercial break. These tell viewers about the type of content the programme contains (violence, coarse language, sexual references/sex scenes or distressing/offensive content) or if it is likely to disturb children or be outside audience expectations.

For your guide, the audience advisory symbols are listed (briefly) as follows:

• C - Content may offend
  • L - Language may offend
  • V - Contains violence
  • S - Sexual content may offend

Below are samples of the programme content advisory slides in which I created:

Additional programme content advisory slides.

This slide will only appear at the start of live-to-air programmes, including non-sporting events, on all PTV Network channels.

This slide will only appear at the start of an all-night music marathon. The late night/overnight section, for instance, has been classified as a 16-VLSC programme until 5am - i.e. people under 16 years should not view and may contain violence, coarse language, sexual references and offensive content. After 5am, the classification symbol transitions from 16-VLSC to PG (parental guidance recommended for younger viewers) as the early morning section is classified as a PG programme.

@Kathryn_Milin @TBoy @Michael_Eccles @McMuffinMan17 @Biscuit45 @LiamP What do you think of the programme content advisory slides I made?

6 Likes

Wow! That looks great Paddy!

2 Likes

CHANNEL BRANDING - PTV

I created a branding package for each PTV Network channel, beginning with PTV (the main channel of PTV Network New Zealand as a fictional broadcaster).

Each branding package - based on my graphics using Microsoft PowerPoint - includes:

• programme trailer endboards
  • lineup menus
  • forthcoming programme menus
  • cross-channel programme menus (e.g. PTV/Shake, GEM/Home, Turbo/Viva)
  • channel watermarks
  • programme return graphics (PRGs)
  • end-credit promotion graphics

Below are the examples of my work. All images contained in each graphic are samples only; no copyright infringement intended.

PROGRAMME TRAILERS (LOWER THIRD & ENDBOARDS)

LINEUP MENUS

FORTHCOMING PROGRAMME MENUS

CROSS-CHANNEL PROGRAMME MENUS

END CREDIT PROMOTIONS

CHANNEL WATERMARK

PROGRAMME RETURN GRAPHICS

@Michael_Eccles @TBoy @LiamP @McMuffinMan17 @Biscuit45 @Kathryn_Milin @charlie

7 Likes

Nice work Paddy, looks slick

2 Likes

Great work!
I think if you add the title icons views can have a look what the show looks like before hand.

4 Likes

@nztv Thanks - you should make your dream TV network one day!

@Michael_Eccles Thank you for your suggestion.

2 Likes

Wow this is amazing!

CHANNEL BRANDING - SHAKE

Each channel has a different colour theme but the branding package, starting with Shake, remains exactly the same.

All images contained in each graphic are samples only; no copyright infringement intended.

LINEUP MENUS

END CREDIT PROMOTIONS

CHANNEL WATERMARK

PROGRAMME RETURN GUIDES

@Michael_Eccles @TBoy @LiamP @McMuffinMan17 @Biscuit45 @Kathryn_Milin @charlie

7 Likes

CHANNEL BRANDING - GEM, TURBO, VIVA & HOME

Last time, I posted the channel branding packages for PTV and Shake. Within the next week, I created GEM’s, Turbo’s, Viva’s and Home’s.

Below are the examples of my work. All images contained in each graphic are samples only; no copyright infringement intended.

GEM

TURBO

VIVA

HOME

LINEUP MENUS

END CREDIT PROMOTIONS

CHANNEL WATERMARKS

PROGRAMME RETURN GRAPHICS

GEM

TURBO

VIVA

HOME

@nztv loved my work, as did @Michael_Eccles. @TBoy @McMuffinMan17 @Biscuit45 @charlie @Kathryn_Milin @LiamP

7 Likes