Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Interesting.

Not sure if I like these graphics, although still better than what they had before. Yellow seems weird for a network that uses red as their primary colour for presentation.

If this set is a virtual set then it seems that this virtual set looks far better than the rubbish that they dish out in the west.

4 Likes

Now I’m tagging Prime7 as “The Only News Service in Australia with a rolling ticker at 6.”

2 Likes

Perhaps the best part of the new look by a considerable margin is the replacement of that “overkill red” backdrop. At least the “generic regional Australia” backdrop matches the “generic regional issues” reports that often air during Prime7 Local News! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The idea of a ticker is interesting but if it’s not too time consuming, I personally would’ve ran local stories in the ticker at 6pm and maybe a national ticker during Prime7 News at 6.30pm.

All other elements look to be a bit on the cheap side IMO, perhaps the worst being that Arial is the main typeface in use for these graphics - surely we should expect better than this from one of Australia’s highest rating regional TV broadcasters?! :confused:

7 Likes

Not a bad refresh.
The lack of red is a nice change :stuck_out_tongue:

Supers animate too slow though.
It would be nice to see a live local backdrop for each bulletin though.

And I must say, that ticker is an excellent touch. Something I wish more metro bulletins would do!

3 Likes

Supers actually look inspired by the current 7 news ones

I think it’s a nod to their heritage blue/yellow branding. There’s blue elements as well.

Wonder if gwn7 will incorporate the supers and opener tonight and wonder what the 6:30 news was like since its not uploaded

Was expecting a refresh for a week or so, noticed the nightly updates in Canberra suddenly changed from Kurravi being set back and well lit, with the reflections of the glass? in the backdrop, then it suddenly became a really zoomed in shot one night and the lighting looked all weird, with obvious green screen marks around his suit, noticed tonight it was back to the ‘old’ studio with the shiny red backdrop and normal lighting, yet the other markets got a rebrand? Where’s Canberra’s generic regional background :confused:

The use of black text on a dark background wasn’t exactly the best idea in the world.

6 Likes

Another horrid package from Prime7. Same lacklustre shit, different colour. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

The plain white font for the graphics is probably the worst part of it. That’s VERY 1990s.

1 Like

iam now wondering with win local news and 9 local news would there be enough compention to bring back or to start prime 7local news in the areas where prime 7 broadcast the melbourne news??

Not a fan of the OTS graphics, but the rest isn’t too bad. Much easier on the eyes than all of that red was.

Is there a watermark in the bottom right that isn’t showing on the YouTube version, or does the ticker just stop short?

1 Like

While I can understand Prime7 wanting to re-enforce the talent as part of the brand with viewers, personally I think it’d be better done as a bumper before the first ad break rather than during the Opener. Something among the lines of…

You get the idea, would also accompany the “Stay in touch” Website Promo Bumper at the top of the 2nd segment quite well IMO.

Yeah, I think that element is inserted on the feeds at MediaHub like the old red Prime7 logo was.

1 Like

CONFIRMED
GWN7 bulletin has been updated.

5 Likes

I like the new watermark! Although, as mentioned above, black on black is pretty lame.

5 Likes

And that set still looks as drab as ever.

7 Likes

Super actually reminds me of the latest ones

There is a Jeebus. It’s no longer red on red on red on red on red.

The supers look a little like Sky News UK, but again, it’s not craptacular.

Now about that “logo”. I’m sure they could’ve gone on Fiverr and bought a nice upgrade for $25.

6 Likes

I think it looks pretty good!
Surely the open and set is not the same for all 4-5 bulletins Prime7 does out of canberra?

That would not work well at all down say the coastal areas of NNSW

And yes, I think it’s reakly time Prime7 launch a local news for Canberra

Considering you have Nine at 6 and WIN at 6 - would 530 or 630 be an option for Canberra?