Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Agreed. But it won’t happen for as long as Fergo continues to outrate Geoff and Vanessa.

1 Like

True. It does seem though something could be done. The bulletin is an hour and very Sydney focused. Seems they would work with 7 Sydney for an opt out and have a local inset and local weather at say 6.25 and 5.55

Canberra Updates last night:

3 Likes

It’s all looking very Channel 31.

That would have to be the secondary studio that was also being used last week for the regions that have full news bulletins which is why it never was upgraded and tbh wont be it also it used by the 6:30 news not sure about yesterday but

It looks one hundred times better than anything WIN has ever come up with.

You’re joking right. WIN shits all over this amateur hour.

7 Likes

Win over the past couple of years has been much better than this.

The navy and blue Spirograph of 2005 was an utter disaster.

The graphics of WIN News might look more professional (even though I still think the graphics/theme music should be more in-line with at least one of their current affiliations) than all efforts from Prime7/GWN7 since 2015, but beyond that the production standards are largely stuck in the 2000s, if not the 1990s. As bland as they are, at least Prime7/GWN7 have actual sets! :confused:

I don’t know who’s currently in charge of On-Air Presentation at Prime7/GWN7 Local News, but their look has declined from the near-metro quality highs of 2013-14: There’s a look which should’ve been kept intact for a few more years, but instead it was horribly watered down after the launch of the 6.30pm bulletin and completely destroyed in 2015/16!

In recent years, Prime7 have also had issues with their content (heavy use of “generic regional issues” items during their “fully local” 6pm bulletin) + retaining some of their higher quality talent (Freya, Kenny and especially Nat were massive losses for them, I think) but the same can probably be said about WIN and indeed most regional news services.

1 Like

What’s On:

2 Likes

You lucky you get someone presenting it.

In the Shepparton Market, It is something like the 1980’s computer generated info and even does not even have the right info because they leave out the Town it is in.

Couldn’t watch the ‘What’s On’ Segment once she said “EPIC Park” considering the P in EPIC stands for park already. Twitches

As for the PRiME News relaunch, I miss the old studio before the red one, it was a little dated but still looked much nicer and the colours worked well.

Also had Karl Ljinders on Facebook like my comment they should get rid of the yellow and black stripes from the opener (not that we have a local news anyway) as it looks a bit tacky.

Based on tonight’s uploads for NSW full bulletin regions, the “National” News preview remained before the first ad break, but now they have another one before the last break leading to weather. (Hmmm…my link to the YT thumbnail didn’t work in the system.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5gttFnLk8 (North West)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3X8hp7UD58 (North Coast)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJUuosUu7Gs (Central West)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5v-b1AcWo (Wagga)

Canberra content from Monday …
News-

Weather-

Forecast-

What’s On-

Promo-

2 Likes
1 Like

Presumably joining Seven in Sydney full-time. She’s a great reporter (prefer her to Sean Berry as a political correspondent).

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see who becomes the next NSW Politics and Sydney-based “Generic Regional Issues” Reporter for Prime7 Local News.

…or maybe using the contacts which she’s built up to go into a PR/media advisory-type role like predecessors Kathleen Curry & Antonia Morrow did?

Mind you, I agree that Sarina Andaloro is a better reporter than Sean Berry.

1 Like

And the unending question remains: When will these topics be moved to the “National” news at 6.30?

8 Likes

Hmmm. Not a green screen then. The studio looks so clinical and white from that shot, yet it still doesn’t look too bad for a regional production.

5 Likes