Seven Regional

Where? Those taglines look like plain taglines/slogans for the film, not an actual subtitle.

As I wrote:

1 Like

Still not an add-on to the title thoughā€¦

1 Like

I never wrote that it was. Just pointing out that Prime didnā€™t make it up.

1 Like

Prime7 News Wagga

18 mins Ā·

TRANSMISSION ISSUE: Mt Ulandra (Wagga Wagga). ETA for technicians to attend transmitter site is 2100hrs. Refer to Prime7 for further updates.

Issues with the Wagga Wagga transmitter.

2 Likes

Update on the Mt Ulandra transmitterā€¦

Prime7 News Wagga

2 hrs Ā·

PRIME7 viewers across the Riverina lost signal on Saturday night, after 2 men damaged the network transmitter at Mount Ulandra.

They were captured on CCTV forcing entry and smashing equipment, which led to the shutdown at around 7.30pm.

Anyone who recognises either of the men should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or Wagga Police.

The signal should be back to normal, but if not fixed automatically, viewers are advised to rescan their channels.

#PRIME7

CCTV footage of the people responsible.

3 Likes

Have seen a couple of cricket/summer sponsor billboards airing on Primeā€™s multichannels tonight. Features a voiceover from the usual guy saying the sponsor name and something about ā€˜supporting the cricket and other programming.ā€™

It had someone bowling a cricket ball in the background with the Prime7 logo down the bottom, didnā€™t look too bad (seen worse) but it certainly had that regional cheapness!

A metro 7Mate sponsor billboard also slipped through a short time ago.

3 Likes

Two words that often go hand in hand!
This applies equally across television and radio.

3 Likes

Saw another one of these ā€˜summerā€™ sponsor billboards, this time with some people who look to be eating food on a table, real compelling stuff here! Certainly not something that would be seen on metro TV, perhaps to fill some sort of required quota for regional TV?

The voiceover said ā€˜Proud sponsors of Prime7ā€™s summer of sport and entertainmentā€™. It was a local sponsor as well, so it would be a different sponsor for each feed. However, another one yesterday had KFC as a sponsor.

May be a pointless post to some, but I thought that I might report on it.

1 Like

Prime7 ID:

5 Likes

Shame no inclusion of Prime7ā€™s Local News at National News teams

4 Likes

GWN7 ā€¦
Ident:

Lineup:

Doopa Dog:

Advertising:

Billboards:

6 Likes

Saw a Prime7 lineup today. Previously we talked about the ā€œItā€™s bad news for bad boys, againā€ thing, but Prime are making up their own subnames or just using the main characterā€™s actress. Wreck-It-Ralph is on tonight and the slogan was two words that started with S and ended with ā€œHeroesā€.

1 Like

Theyā€™re almost always a brief description of the show/film, or the name of the lead actor for films.

2 Likes

Interesting how Iā€™m not the only one whoā€™s noticed this, brought this up some weeks back. No real issue with Prime providing such add ons, but to me also it looked they way it was placed and stylised was an alternate name or title to the film. Anyway Bort further explained so that is that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eight years tomorrow since Prime started duel branding with 7, that has gone quick!

5 Likes

Why would anyone want to vandalise a TV transmitter? Imagine someone smashing the transmitter at Mount Dandenong east of Melbourneā€¦

3 Likes

It seems Primeā€™s deal with Seven will expire on June 30, 2019. Hopefully weā€™ll go into a situation akin to what WIN did in December 2015 (6 months to match with SC10ā€™s) for them to match up with WIN and Nine (SCA)? Or would Seven like to buy Primeā€™s NSW/ACT/VIC/WA stations?

Seven and Prime announced the affiliation agreement had been extended for five years in August last year. The new agreement expires June 30, 2023.

9 Likes

Unless events similar in magnitude to what happened before the WIN/SCA changes, I canā€™t see there being any further affiliation switches in the foreseeable future.

For all we know, affiliates in the major aggregated markets (aside from STQ & NBN, which of course are already owned by the parent companies of their respective networks) might even become network O&O stations sometime in the next five years!

4 Likes