Seven Regional

Yeah, agree. SCA have always done a far better job in pretty much every aspect with their Seven affiliated station than they ever did with their Ten and now Nine stations. They can do it it’s just that they choose to be lazy with the other affiliations.

With Ten, yes. But it is likely that their affiliation deal with Nine required them to maintain metro branding for more exposure of the Nine brand, especially considering the regional news expansion.

1 Like

Promo for the upcoming special:

3 Likes

Bit of a playout error last night on GWN7

8 Likes

9 Likes

Press release:

RAY MARTIN UNMASKS THE MYTHS OF OUR REGIONAL ROAD CARNAGE
PRIME7 LOCAL NEWS SPECIAL
7.30PM MONDAY 27TH NOVEMBER
The man giving a voice to regional Australians, RAY MARTIN, presents a compelling PRIME7 LOCAL NEWS special exposing one of the biggest killers in Australia – the way we drive on our roads.
Last year, 380 lives were lost on our roads in NSW, and a staggering two-thirds of the road toll occurred in country areas. Country residents are four times more likely to be killed on the road than someone who lives in the city*.
Premiering 7.30pm Monday 27th November, IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME will reveal the shocking reality of fatalities on regional roads and who is to blame for the growing road toll.
Featuring emotionally charged first-hand accounts, Ray Martin confronts the sobering consequences of road trauma and the impact on local communities and reveals why we continue to ignore the dangers.
IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME is the third public affairs special produced by PRIME7 and presented by Ray Martin in the past 12 months.
IT WON’T HAPPEN TO ME
PRESENTED BY RAY MARTIN
PREMIERES 7.30PM MONDAY 27TH NOVEMBER ON PRIME7

Will this special replace Instant Hotel in the timeslot on November 27, or the night’s line-up be pushed back by one hour?

Major power outage south of Port Macquarie, affecting Laurieton transmitter (all networks) for Nth NSW - Taree sub-market.

Prime7 put through an alert.

Estimated repair: 9pm.

Will affect RLWC viewers particularly.

Anyone know potential population affected? Any MediaSpy members affected?

1 Like

It’s actually Taree.

2 Likes

Probably relatively few people compared to the entire Taree-Port Macquarie market (because the translator at Laurieton is mainly there to fill in for a spot that the main TV tower at Middle Brother misses), but I’m sure there are some annoyed viewers nonetheless!

6 Likes

I know you are in Victoria - how did you find out about this?

1 Like

There is a social media platform called Facebook.

I regularly visit family in regional VIC.

I “liked” Prime7 tv page years ago.

Post was there :+1:

1 Like

No need to be condescending, Luke.

4 Likes

Apologies from Lukey boy :pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, nah.

12 Likes

How about T Bone? Or Gammy?

5 Likes

I once got accused of being condescending too.
That’s where you talk down to people.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Now it’s Victoria’s turn

6 Likes

Question to our tech heads:

What is a “linking provider”?

What is a “child site”?

And I take it those transmitters listed aren’t just in the Ballarat sub-market catchment (which is quite a large proportion of western VIC anyway)?