Nine (NBN)

If they have any common sense, they will have some production out of Newcastle. But, given that Nine is a business, and like the rest of Australian commercial television, dying in the backside, if there is any money to be made, it would only make business sense to move news production to Sydney and integrate it with the rest of the Nine regional bulletins.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t surprise me… If I were a betting man, which I’m not, I’d say it’s a 50/50 bet as to which way they go here.

Time will tell.

1 Like

The reasoning behind QTQ and NBN being group together would be that QTQ is a smaller operation than TCN. With TCN being responsible for a large amount of national programming, the GM of QTQ would comparatively have more time to spend on NBN issues. It may also have been thought that it would help with the overlap of QTQ and NBN on the Gold Coast to have them managed together.

4 Likes

Material from my recent trip …

Some CSA’s are now produced in HD, as I saw one:

However most are still SD:

Lineups continue to only use the 9HD logo if it is program-themed, otherwise only the Nine logo is used:

Interestingly, the LCN name for the Tamworth/North West market is “New England” (9HD New England / Nine New England), despite the news bulletin being branded “North West” (that’s what it’s labelled as on their website). I guess its the same as:

• “Orange” markets having “Central West” News
  • “Wagga Wagga” with “Riverina” News (except Prime7)
  • “Albury” with “Border” News

WIN and Prime7 have the market labelled “Tamworth”.

Community Noticeboards - an item from Dubbo included in the New England one, I wonder if they had run out of events from inside the viewing area to list, as Dubbo is in the Orange market.

And they are always sponsored by Clubs NSW:

30 second We Love It ID:

It seems like they only have updated the 30 sec version across markets (with insertion of Samuel Djodan footage and the website details in the end tag). In my travels in the Newcastle/Mid North Coast/New England markets recently, I’ve only seen the 5 / 10 sec versions still with the older end tag, and the only longer version I’ve seen is the 30 second one - no 45 or 60 sec. Unfortunately it seems now its rare for them to play the longer versions.

4 Likes

That IS bizarre!!

WHAT is NBN doing listing a Dubbo item in its Tamworth / North West Community Noticeboard?

Even Coonabarabran, kind of mid way between Tamworth and Dubbo is in SC9 territory. NBN’s signal barely makes it past Mullaley, west of Gunnedah.

25158025_10156022376893331_1039779940004950956_n

6 Likes

Christmas flashbacks on NBN :santa::christmas_tree:

1 Like

NBN signage in Gosford. image

7 Likes
1 Like

I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that NBN’s promotions could only reference either the Nine brand or NBN News.

99% of the time they seem to choose the latter. The NBN Television Facebook page seems to get conveniently overlooked.

1 Like

Hit 106.9 used a 9NBN logo in an Instagram post.

1 Like

Another variant, I think that’s five now:

1. The original NBN dotty logo
  2. The 9NBN lineup logo
  3. The 9NBN watermark (smaller “NBN” than the lineup)
  4. The online 9|NBN version
  5. This version
7 Likes

Seriously they are worse than WIN when it comes to logos.

NBN’s branding is a god awful absolute shemozzle.

1 Like
2 Likes

Weren’t they already doing this? Or did they have to wait for NRN to be sold.

1 Like