Seven Regional

Yes, same look for PRIME Canberra and PRIME Ballarat. Think they used the same archtect for all 4 PRIME buildings built in the same era. PRIME Gold Coast was in rented premises in both locations when they existed with a studiio on the Gold Coast. The first location even included a local Presentation playout facility before being moved to NEN Tamworth. PRIME Newcastle playout started in Tamworth before moving to Canberra.

1 Like

When Prime expanded into New Zealand its Auckland headquarters were built very much in the same style as these former studios they had built. The building is still used for its intended purpose by Sky TV (who now own Prime TV in NZ) in addition to its main studios and headquarters in Mount Wellington.

Search on google maps: 4 John Glenn Ave, Auckland and look at the site on street view.

Did they build studios at Ballarat? Was anything produced there in the past?

1 Like

Only commercials, news updates, football score and weather reports. I think one year they did significant portions of the good Friday appeal as local opt-outs.
Because of its proximity to the Ballarat airport, the former studios are now used by a Singaporean company as a flying school for Chinese students.

3 Likes

Prime tv Studio use to be in Learmonth road I think they use to but not 100% sure what they did not sure what they did it was big enough when they first opened they use to have open days there there now just an office in Sturt St
the old studio is now used by ST aerospace academy (admin office)

1 Like
6 Likes

“HD feed?”

“Nah”

8 Likes

Prime’s share price has gone up, so Seven may wait until it goes down again?

1 Like

or…

“You wanna make our local news?”

“Meh”

3 Likes

He’s seen Ten slip out of his hands, so what’s Bruce up to now? He’s setting up camp with Prime Media Group, buying out Seven’s 15 per cent share.

12 Likes

bloody hell, wont he just go away

14 Likes

So now, old man Bruce has his finger up 15% of Nine Entertainment Co. and Prime Media Group each, in addition to owning WIN Corp in full.

On another note, perhaps this was what Prime and Seven were talking about, Seven’s intent to sell its shares in PMG? Though who would’ve known that old man Bruce would’ve attacked those shares like a lioness on the hunt.

3 Likes

Bruce: “As a new major shareholder, I’ve got a couple of things I’m thinking might improve Prime7. Firstly, what do we think of the current watermark? Seems a bit subtle to me.” :sunglasses:

I seems that Seven isn’t interested in Prime at least at the current share price.

5 Likes

:worried:

I assumed he still owns a stake in Nine so he can know what the competition are up to, and maybe suggest things that are dubious for his competition, but what Seven West Media shares are too pricey for him? (50% more than Prime, both way less than Nine Entertainment.)

The old man does realise he won’t be allowed to buy Prime7/GWN7 & still own WIN, right?

Meanwhile someone at ACMA has to again update that cross-ownership spiders web of a diagram…

1 Like

Just adopt the ITV model and name everything Ten North West Victoria for example, and have Tasmania branded as WIN.

1 Like

… also the news bulletin isn’t red enough”.

3 Likes

Don’t mock him. Mediaspy was mocking Bruce in the Mocks thread just a week before the solid blue map was introduced, therefore any further jokes about him and Prime is doomed.

4 Likes

We mustn’t self-censor or give in to fear, authoritarians, oligarchs or terrorists.

1 Like

Maybe he is hoping that an amalgamation of Prime and Seven may take place or maybe he will try and align Prime with Ten, in the hope he can pair WIN up with Seven

1 Like

From the Seven annual general meeting:

Seven are expecting a larger payment from Prime.

2 Likes