Prime Video

Head Above Water is an Amazon Original four-part docuseries that follows elite Australian swimmers Ian Thorpe AM, Bronte Campbell OAM, Kyle Chalmers OAM, as well as former-junior-champion-turned-international-musician, Cody Simpson in the lead up to the Games in July. Produced by McAvoy Media, Swimming Australia and Amazon Studios, Head Above Water will launch on June 4, 2021 on Amazon Prime Video in Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and select countries and will complete its global rollout later in 2021.

1 Like
1 Like

That combination would be interesting if they do secure the rights - it would signal Amazon’s emergence as a serious player for sports rights in Australia while keeping SBS involved in football in a major way when it looked like next year’s World Cup was going to be their football ‘swansong’

3 Likes
4 Likes

It sounds as if the Aus Swimming trials are going to be a proper broadcast not a crappy simulcast of an online Swim TV live stream.

Broadcast guide:

Amazon will stream new drama Conversations with Friends in Australia. It is commissioned by the BBC and Hulu.

1 Like

5 Likes

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been removed.

Great looking graphics package. Good Amazon prime branding evident. They’re doing a decent effort for the broadcast.

no doubt headed to Star on Disney+

1 Like

They are doing ok. Some of the commentators especially James Magnesen is awkward.

1 Like

The morning heats have different commentators/pundits (not referring to White & Rooney) compared to the night finals

The Pre-Race show is pretty good not going to lie. Good use of a studio at the pool. Hope 7 takes notes on studios for Tokyo so we don’t have Hamish standing up like a fool.

He will be in Melbourne, not Tokyo.

Who had rights to the swimming before Amazon?

Also seeing ads for MLC and Macquarie and LG on the "live " broadcast.

Seems to be some delay with the sound and the video on my Apple tv out of sync the next ad will start the sound with the picture still showing the last few seconds of the last ad.

I thought the point of streaming services and having to pay extra to watch them were the fact they were add break free?

2 Likes

That’s the point I was trying to imply, in Rio when it was presented out of Sydney, it was standing presentation I think. I believe sport like the Olympics needs to be studio based and specific desk builds for the games.