Prime Video

it’s a great show set in the 80s a cross between That 70s Show (another show Channel 7 treated with total disdain) and the Wonder Years. Just because the majority of Australians don’t like it doesn’t mean that people like me and others in this forum doesn’t like it either.

Sure, I like it too. But why would you need access to all the seasons, all the time? Do people need to watch episodes over and over again?

1 Like

so that new subscribers to Amazon Prime can see it from the beginning.

I wouldn’t rewatch it , once is enough.

Wish The Wonder Years would make it somewhere in Australia. It’s on Hulu in the US.

So you had a year to watch it. Weren’t 365 days enough?

1 Like

To be fair, it’s like some people in this forum having obsessions with other TV shows. It’s like whenever I see Mystery Diners and go off like a frog in a sock. Just replace Mystery Diners with another show - boom. Same effect. :wink:

1 Like

Well unfortunately I’m subscribed to Stan, Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and Apple TV+ as well as a few shows on catchup FTA and some purchased itunes tv shows. Maybe I should drop a streaming service so i can get through shows lol.

I recall Stan saying something somewhere their shows stay a minimum of 2 years.

1 Like

Wow. Your life is tough. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah , but only have a few hours if that some nights to watch stuff if i don’t fall asleep first lol

Justwatch states The Almighty Johnsons has been added, thought it was already there before.

1 Like

Mike. Dalton.

Amber. Sherlock.

Maybe rights weren’t available then, I suggested New Girl back in 2015 when Netflix launched here , it has since appeared in 2020 !

They aren’t a DJ at a school disco taking requests.

5 Likes

I did the free 7 day trial of Mubi, which is aligned with Amazon Prime Video. The search function is terrible as it brings up hundreds of movies that are not currently available to watch, and hundreds of movies that are available to watch that I have never heard of before. The home page and genre headings also display movies that are not available. There is no search function on the app, which means you have to search on the website. I managed to find one movie that was worth watching, but I will be cancelling before the free trial expires.

2 Likes

I was getting at how it took ages for that show to become available for paid streaming , same with Always Sunny . I ended up purchasing Always Sunny on Itunes thinking it would never end up streaming .

I also meant I used this Request TV shows or movies | Netflix Help Center … I’m aware not everything people request is going to be added.

Seems it isn’t expiring now that warning has gone .

1 Like

Well this is weird , remember how we never got the two Amazon originals, Good Girls Revolt and One Mississippi ?

One Mississippi is coming to Disney+ Star May 21 according to Lifehacker. I couldn’t find much about who distributes it , says Amazon Prime does, not sure why they’d sell it to Disney rather than air it on their own service.

Oh well. As long as it’s coming

Strange things happen.

1 Like

One of the production companies involved in One Mississippi was FX Productions, which is now owned by Disney.

1 Like

Good Girls Revolt is Sony, so not sure where that would end up.