Prime Video

Is it just me or does Richmond get a bigger focus point in the AFL doco? They have a lot of attention with the other clubs not having the same percentage of on air time

1 Like

will be partly to do with how open clubs were with the documentary team

1 Like

We Children from Bahnhof Zoo, based on the autobiography of the same name by Christiane F (full name Christiane Vera Felscherinow), will stream on Amazon Prime in Australia on April 9.

10’s US Reporter, Eammon Ashton-Atkinson’s documentary ‘Steelers’ has been picked up by Amazon Prime for the UK & Ireland.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2JkDzI0Ul/?igshid=1hga6xs6fi51i

2 Likes

UPDATE 1/4: Fremantle said it was committed to continue making the show.

1 Like

The 2021 Australian Swimming Championships, the first event under Swimming Australia’s two-year deal with Amazon Prime, begins at Gold Coast Aquatic Centre this evening. Heats start at 6pm AEST and finals at 10am AEST.

2 Likes

The Amazon prime coverage of swimming is pretty pathetic. It’s just a packaged stream. Graphics are fine but the commentary is just like it’s being streamed through the announcements PA from the venue.

1 Like

It’s not their stream. It’s just the Swimming Australia feed that would otherwise be on YouTube or something.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ll pass on watching that.

3 Likes

I thought this would be on longer than 12 months oh well, all seasons expiring, perhaps it could switch to Stan or Netflix.

1 Like

The Goldbergs - F!@#ked by Channel 7, now F!@#ked by Amazon Prime! I’m sure it will end up on a Sony-owned streaming service.

Netflix are not interested, I suggested it to them years ago and they missed the boat in getting the rights. Netflix are only interested in their originals and not acquired content.

most likely Disney +

Netflix are interested in maintaining and attracting new subscribers.
One would assume they don’t think The Goldbergs will move the needle.

8 Likes

I have up to Season 5 of Goldbergs on Itunes, and then it appeared online a year ago- thought damn i wasted money but thought it would last longer.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia arrived a similar time and is still there, maybe it’s more popular?

Maybe Stan can pick it up. Netflix I doubt will want it , more interested in originals.

Always Sunny will move to STAR on Disney + later this year. Sony signed a deal with Disney + last week. I predict that Disney + and Foxtel will be the big winners from the streaming wars while Netflix, Stan and Amazon will be the losers. The reason why I’m saying that is that those three have been busy taking off non-original content and not replacing them with other drawcards, also Showtime may be heading to CBS’s Paramount + and MGM may buddy up with Foxtel it will leave a big hole in Stan’s lineup.

The answer is probably obvious, but what is it with some members of this forum having an obsession for The Goldbergs?! I don’t get it.

7 Likes