Prime News - 2001-2005

Opening:

Update:

Weather Update:

Illawarra Bulletin:

7 Likes

Loved this era of Prime, great presentation for the time, nice and clean!

4 Likes

Yes I remember this time. It was not a bad little effort my prime back in the days. This was when they had updates throughout the day.

What Seven News theme was used as a theme song during this era?

The 1990s version was used for bulletins and updates, but those who received the mandated news updates from 2004 got the club remix version

2 Likes

Central West Bulletin- Friday 18/5/2001

7 Likes

While you often find interesting things on old VHS tapes, the 18/5/2001 Prime News Central West surely has to be the find of 2021 (so far at least)?!

Gee I didn’t know Aldi made it into the Central West of NSW as early as 2001. And you know you’re in the country when there’s a livestock market report during the local TV news! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a pity @Zacgb has since left the forums though - I reckon he would’ve loved to see this.

4 Likes

What a great find - are you going to upload the whole bulletin in the near future? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah. I’ll be posting it next month as a #OnThisDay upload. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:astonished:

Man, what a wild coincidence. Today has been the first day on these forums in over 3 months. I had accidentally clicked on Media Spy when tidying up my search history, I was logged out and viewing the site as a guest, decided to lurk around, clicked on the first thread I saw and came across this stunning gem - I just had to log back in one last time! One of the reasons I joined all those years back was to find some footage of Prime Orange - during this era too! Thanks @SydneyCityTV and @Zampakid!

I believe the Aldi store shown is my local store in Bathurst. The last cap is maybe Lithgow Hospital?

I may have to stick around for a bit! I can’t wait!

4 Likes

Just did a quick Google on the presenter. I vaguely remember him, he may have left in the early to mid 2000’s? Sadly, as of 2017, he is homeless.

3 Likes

Sacked in Early May 2002, apparently not long after money was spend on billboards with John Lloyd-Green and then-Sports Presenter Chris Kimball (the latter of whom was appointed to the role in August 2001 and lasted a year or so there, these days the Gold Coast-based Reporting Quality Advisor for ABC Regional):
https://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/story/753364/prime-sacks-presenter/

John Kerrison (later at ABC Adelaide, Nine Sydney & Sky News, now Director of Communications & Social Media in the NSW Public Service) succeeded Lloyd-Green as the presenter of Prime News Central West, as per this press release.

5 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter