Pointless

Why? I think people would at least give it s go.

It wasn’t bad.

Well tenplay doesn’t directly affect ratings.

This is what the show looks like on TenPlay. Great show!

4 Likes

Lots of hate on Twitter.

Probably biased, but I watched the last 5 minutes and wasn’t a fan from what I saw.
I don’t think it’s in the right timeslot. Family Feud was fun and entertaining to play around the dinner table… This just didn’t have that vibe.

2 Likes

I think this is why they have Sale of the Century as back up.

Isn’t there always? That’s where haters thrive.

17 Likes

I wouldn’t take what people say on Twitter. Probably angry Family Feud fans just like on Facebook. They wouldn’t be the typical audience watching these kinds of shows.

It’s currently trending at #2 on twitter, so it’s got people talking.

And news.com.au, the Herald Sun and Daily Telegraph get their story ideas from.

1 Like

Missed the first part, but I thought it was fine. Mark and Andrew are good choices, although Mark could maybe tone down just a tad.

1 Like

The show was fine in itself and IMO the refined version is more snappy. However, I don’t think it is on the right network, or at least the right timeslot. Ten has a younger demographic, and let us put it this way, the logic of this show is too advanced for them. I agree with @Nicholas that it won’t do as well as Family Feud, yet Seven’s The Chase was refreshing for audiences, so it will have to be a wait and see.

Mark was very satirical; it was strange for commercial television. The duo are fine, but I feel that Andrew will feel side-lined like he did on Ten’s Breakfast.

4 Likes

Completely agree with you @nationalnews. Personally the show was a snooze fest, not the type of show to watch while eating/cooking dinner with the family. Something myself and many others did with Family Feud.

But is Ten’s audience really that young in early primetime? I reckon they’ve gone with a format that intentionally will appeal to a slightly older audience leading out of the news which would carry over a slightly older audience also from Bold & Beautiful.

I missed the show and am trying to catch up but it’s not even available on tenplay yet, Ten really are making it hard to watch the show… that is unless you want to watch it from 5:59-6:31pm on TEN, ONE or ELEVEN :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Or in the case for those in WIN regions, you’ll have to put up with their monstrosity watermarks that WIN puts out on its channels instead of watching it live or catch-up via Tenplay, which are obviously free of WIN’s infamous watermarks.

4 Likes

Maybe I’d prefer to watch Frasier at 6pm, now I don’t have that choice…

Haven’t you watched it a million times already? How are they going to convince you to watch something new?

3 Likes

Mmm not much in it I thought. A total of what, 8 questions? Prize money $2000 (I know it’ll grow), the host was a bit OTT and I don’t really think the Dr was needed :thinking: the host could have just as easily said the tidbits.

I didn’t hate it. And I haven’t seen the original. But if this has to fail for ‘Sale’ to have a chance…

2 Likes

It felt quite rushed compared to the original, but is to be expected when they need to shrink it from 45 mins to 22

2 Likes

A ‘Pointless’ encore now on air.

1 Like