Pointless

Will Man with a Plan be on or are Ten just airing random stuff now?

EPG still showing Man With A Plan… strange

Man with a Plan fans rejoice - it made it to air.

It’s on Tenplay now.

3 Likes

Thank god they got rid of fued! The questions on that show where scrapping further than the bottom of the barrell! At least this is a change which is great :+1:

1 Like

On which channel and time was the encore shown? Ten, Eleven or One?

That may answer my other question: is it shown at all on WIN Ten in the markets that have a WIN News bulletin at 6?

I liked it - though it feels really rushed trying to fit the show into half an hour. I wonder if they could push The Project out to 6:35 or 6:40 and give it a bit more time to run - either to add another round or to let the format relax a little bit.

Seems a bit weird that there’s no obvious consolation prize for a couple that make it to the final round but lose, while the other round losers get to try again. Give them a Family Feud board game or something.

2 Likes

It’s the same in the original UK version, the losing team in the final just gets the pointless trophy like in our one.

In the original version, the prize money starts at 1000 pounds with 250 pounds added to the jackpot for every pointless answer. If a team doesn’t win the jackpot another 1000 pounds gets added until a team wins the jackpot. So in our one they get slightly more money.

It can’t rate any worse than the 200k Family Feud was getting. Personally I enjoy Pointless much more. The only thing that threw me was that Mark was a bit too over the top.

Shown on win 11

1 Like

hit105 Brisbane had Grant Denyer in studio this morning and Mark Humphries lined up to be interviewed in studio also so they made Grant interview Mark on-air haha.

1 Like

Are you sure? What about his Sydney breakfast show :thinking:

Ten needed to try something new. They should be commended for giving this ago. If after a few months the format needs tweaking, they can and should do that. If by Christmas it isn’t delivering or there are no feasible alternatives, they should end it and go into 2019 with something new.

1 Like

I’m just repeating what they said, they said he was in studio and Grant said he was going to hide under the desk and surprise Mark when he arrived.

Brisbane has more than one studio, so he could easily be joining his 2dayFM breakfast show from Brisbane.

2 Likes

They all do the Sydney breakfast show from different studios, all the time.

Are the ratings for Pointless a combo of all 3 channels numbers?

Yes.

How long is it on all 3 channels for?

For the foreseeable future.