Pluto TV

Apologies if we have a thread for this already. I did a quick search and nothing showed up.

Dan Barrett from Always Be Watching seems to believe that Ten may launch PlutoTV as early as this week, according to his newsletter for subscribers.

No, there is no official announcement yet (though, I have reached out to local publicists for comment). But Paramount ANZ is clearly in the final technical stages of having it ready for launch. Right now they are either just testing channels or are in the process of ingesting content and getting the streams functional.

To see this at work, if you have an international Pluto TV app installed on your mobile or tablet device and load it up, within a few moments you will be watching an assortment of channels that are half-named, switching categories, and have incorrect content running against channel names.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Is there any more news about pluto Tv launch?

2 Likes

as soon as we know anything you’ll see it here

2 Likes

I hope gecko is gonna be on there :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Has anyone heard anything about this?

1 Like

I guess it launched today?

1 Like

This feature is coming soon.

We’re currently working on it! Thanks for your patience.

• That’s what comes up on the webpage
1 Like

Did it?

Assuming based on the 10Play thread and the new MTV and Nick channels.
Or is Pluto meant to be a separate service altogether from 10Play?

2 Likes

That’s what i thought was said in this thread a while back, but i might be off.

1 Like

Pluto tv is a separate service. There was talk a while ago that Pluto tv would come in the form of Fast channels on 10play but whether this is it who knows?

1 Like

The article from Dan Barrett only cited streams showing up in a test state. There are other FAST platforms around the world that use Pluto TV streams complete with their branded breakfillers. I have a feeling we’re not going to see Pluto launch here and 10 Play will continue to assume its role. 10’s link with Nickelodeon kind of cements it.

9 Likes

See:

Pluto TV Fast Channels To Launch On 10 Play In Australia. Starting from August 31

6 Likes

As you can read in that media release, a branded Pluto TV service is launching within 10 Play. It promises more than 50 channels, which seems to include the current 10 Play FAST offer. What they have announced (and very recently added to 10 Play) aligns with the test channels I saw in operation.

2 Likes

Some of that content like I love Lucy and Happy days would be good on Nick@Nite which what it was originally a classic sitcom channel. But it wouldn’t fit the demo I guess these days.

2 Likes

Considering the average age of broadcast viewers, the idea of the demo being younger than 50+ is a furphy.

Hello, sorry to stop by to plug my own stuff, but I thought my newsletter today might be of interest. It offers a roundup of what was announced, but also what we can probably expect to fill out the 50+ channels. Pluto TV to launch in Australia with 50 channels

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like