Playing For Keeps

Playing For Keeps

From the production company behind The Secret Daughter and Underbelly, Playing For Keeps is an exciting new series about the women behind the men we barrack for on the footy field. As the series unfolds there will be affairs, business opportunities, fashion footnotes, faux pas, mounting credit card bills, groupies, harassment, racism, sexism, the ever-present paparazzi and an absurd amount of fun. It’s a world we’ve read about. Now we’re allowed inside.

Playing For Keeps is produced by Screentime.

Footballers Wives anyone ?

10_Logo_PlayingForKeeps-500x281

2 Likes

Today’s Sunday Herald Sun reveals the main cast for the drama: former Neighbours castmates Madeleine West and Olympia Valance, as well as Annie Maynard (Upper Middle Bogan) and Cece Peters (The Wrong Girl). Filming starts on June 4.

1 Like

The men don’t really look like footballers

I’d say Jeremy Lindsay Taylor is probably playing a coach.

Kevin Hofbauer looks like a footballer. James Mason who played Chris Pappas on Neighbours is far right. Anybody know the other three guys?

From the interview with Olympia Valance in TV Week, the bloke in the middle is Jackson Gallagher, who played Josh Barrett on Home and Away.

Olympia will play a character called Tahlia who is in a relationship with his character.

Does Ten seriously think that this will rate? It will make Sisters numbers look good.

1 Like

Footballers wives was pretty popular for its time. So I think there will be way more interest in this than Sisters.

1 Like

Footballers Wives time was 15 years ago. A show set in AFL will not rate in NSW & QLD.

You will find that this show will be less about AFL and more soap like with the wives lives behind the scenes.

Either way, I won’t be holding my breath.

This show will probably be going in the Wednesday 8:30 timeslot so either way it will build on the ratings of Instinct and the dismally rating This is US.

That’s a pretty low bar. Hard to see this being successful. A pathetic concept & yet another wasted opportunity by Ten.

Isabella Giovinazzo has joined the drama, reuniting with her former Home and Away co-star Jackson Gallagher. Isabella will play Aussie Rules player Jessie who had to drop out of the sport after falling pregnant.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/home-and-away-alumna-isabella-giovinazzo-prepares-for-role-in-playing-for-keeps/news-story/f045b2a5dd03727bfccb51389b5b3b3d

Latest round of Screen Australia funding:

Network Ten alongside the experienced television production company Screentime are set to bring audiences the juicy new 8 x 46 minute drama series Playing for Keeps. The plot is set to follow the male-dominated world of a football club where the real power is with the women. The creative team including writers Claire Phillips and Christine Bartlett are experienced in creating strong female-led dramas having worked on successful series Offspring and The Wrong Girl. Film Victoria have also invested in the production.

No one’s gonna mention they are all white?

A shows cast can make or break it imo. the writing also has to be good but if they get the cast wrong, forget it. These characters are doing nothing for me.

Promo

1 Like

All but one look likeable. Tough exteriors