Plate Of Origin

Neither has Junior Masterchef for 10 or Family Feud. Things can still be filmed and aired this year.

Agree but I think the difference between those shows is that Junior Masterchef and Family Feud all consists of Australian contestants and with domestic travel restrictions slowly lifting the possibility of filming those shows is greater. Australiaā€™s Got Talent (Reportedly) requires overseas acts this year and with borders still closed, it would be harder to film unless Seven can recruit local acts to participate.

2 Likes

They could easily scrap the Champions from overseas and do a just Australian versionā€¦ Seems like shows and networks have made some concessions this year.

Hereā€™s the first promo for POO - seems like it was made with the (now postponed) Tokyo Olympics in mind:

7 Likes

Looks pretty good. Gary and Matt are not seen but can be heard.

3 Likes

I donā€™t really get a lot from that promo.

1 Like

From Seven

Welcome to the World Cup of home cooking!

Three superstars of food will come together for an event like no otherā€¦
Which country has the best food on the planet?

YOUR TEAMS

• Team Australia
  • Team Italy
  • Team Cameroon
  • Team India
  • Team China
  • Team Lebanon
  • Team France
  • Team Venezuela
  • Team Greece
  • Team Vietnam
3 Likes

MKR without the bitching. :wink: Masterchef with teamwork.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me!

2 Likes

Nice promo.

Feels a bit generic though. Doesnā€™t really explain the concept for format ā€œfood from all over the world will competeā€ - what does that mean?

I got no emotion. No human connection. Nada. And I donā€™t even remember a single judge or person from that promo

Show looks ok. Promo is a fail

4 Likes

That promo is exactly the same style of promo Seven churned out over the past few years.

Generic, boring, formulaic and no creativity.

2 Likes

Kinda agree. A little creative - but fails to do what a promo should - sell me on the show

1 Like

Good to see cuisines from Cameroon and Venezuela represented on TV for the first time.

2 Likes

Venezuelan cuisine has been on SBS Food.

3 Likes

7 really like to start promos with a close shot of walking shoes.

Itā€™s the type of promo which would have worked soooo well running during the Olympics with all the countries. Looks ok, nothing new. But short run only 10 episodes will work in its favour.

3 Likes

Matt and Gary are no doubt still on gardening leave from Ten

Citation needed

1 Like

I believe they had to be until July, right?

2 Likes

Must be. Theyā€™d be all over that promo if they were allowed to appear on Seven by now.

Interesting that voiceovers are seemingly okay.

1 Like

Incredibile trailer, very much like countries @ olympics but with food food and more food

as opposed to being another cooking show !