Plate Of Origin

I dunno. Maybe Seven thinks it will get a good rating 800-900k a day show because 2 ex judges from Ch10’s Masterchef show are now on a 7 show.

People who aren’t happy with the new judges will move over to 7 and watch the old Masterchef ones on Plate of Origin?

Nothing in 2020 seems new even though there are new formats to 7 .

How is August which is 10 months away ‘soon’?

10 months isn’t really that far away.

1 Like

You guys will argue about anything.

Whatever term they use now, it will screen sooner or later. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Anyway, whatever they say now is also subject to change.

Australian Gangster was supposed to air in 2018 and it still hasn’t seen the light of day.

I don’t think we were arguing. It was just a discussion on when 7 might air Plate of Origin.

1 Like

The Australian is claiming that the official title is My Kitchen Rules: Plate of Origin and that this is the title which Seven was pushing to advertisers on Thursday. If true, it means that despite Matt Preston’s claim that there was no way he could do MKR because of his friendship with the existing stars there, it seems that he could indeed be doing MKR.

1 Like

I wonder if Seven suddenly deciding to associate this new show with the MKR brand has something to do with Ross Stevenson’s claim that they ripped off the format he’d been shopping around a couple of years ago?

4 Likes

So essentially seven had a ‘new format’ and have now decided to incorporate it into an old format. Another heritage brand. So that means 7 only have 2 new brands next year - golf and dogs.

Maybe but there did seem to be a persistent rumour of two MKR seasons, as early as last year. With Manu being involved, it does suggest that they always intended two have it part of MKR.

Personally, I think they would have been better off keeping this show separate and just use the former Masterchef judges to sell it as a “new” concept.

Perhaps but there was a good TV Tonight article about this last week which suggested Stevenson might not have much of a case:

1 Like

Seven CEO James Warburton has not ruled out signing up George Calombaris for Plate of Origin. Warburton told the Sunday Herald Sun:

“George is signed to Channel 10 until July next year.”
“What I say about George is: ‘Never say never.’”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/plate-of-origin-channel-7-boss-taking-a-never-say-never-approach-with-george-calombaris/news-story/799e43596cf2d9e864b881d1783bb156

2 Likes

By the looks of things I’m wondering if Manu is just a placeholder for George and won’t actually appear at all.

1 Like

Kurt Burnette has told other executives at Seven about the “unfortunate” acronym MKR: POO, so it appears the program will probably get a new name The Australian is reporting.

:rofl:

MKR:Origin?

Plate Of Origin is such a naff name anyway.

It would be disappointing to see them associated with the MKR brand given how different the tone of that brand is to Masterchef Australia.

1 Like

You really couldn’t make this shit up

2 Likes

Hahahahaha. Lovely, the tweets write themselves!

MasterChef 2.0?

1 Like

The Australian is now reporting that Seven executives have banned the POO moniker, even directing staff to call the show Plate, but POO has stuck and become a standing joke for giggling staff members, so there is a new concerted effort to mandate a new working title - PlateOO.
The show starts filming in February 2020 by the way.

1 Like

POO going well it seems.