Pirate Radio

Hey the offer still stands, I make Starter sound good and I can make Gorilla sound like it did when it first started. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just checked the reception on my hifi with Omni fm antenna, much stronger signal, even receiving it in stereo.

I wonder if they have upgraded the transmitter?

1 Like

Maybe head back by Penrith and see where it gets strong.

1 Like

Pirate station Blade 94.5 Adelaide has updated their website saying,
“BladeFM has successfully finished testing and is currently in the process of licencing and optimizing our site” not sure if that means the were operating on a temporary license and now are applying for a full time licence?
Ref: https://www.bladefm.com.au/

1 Like

Gorilla sounds terrible, it was good when it was competing with Novanation but lost the plot when Novanation shutdown.
Pity you cannot get Starter onto Dab+ Or 88.0 when Air Fm shutdown.

4 Likes

Yeah I would love to get on digital, unfortunately it can get quite expensive for a small fry like me, and yeah look any narrowcast frequency around sydney be good, I just want to do a uptempo station that the whole community (especially the youth) can get on board with, but the only air time I get is through a couple of community stations and temp licencies.

This was a mock I created for Gorilla if they were to rebrand; Random Mocks - #2134 by TheChase

1 Like

Agree, I haven’t listened to Gorilla in years, now stream Raw FM online.

4 Likes

@TheChase- I have amended my video title to read Starter FM/Penrith Valley Bangaz to make it plain that this is not your pirate station. Apologies for the confusion but it wasn’t made clear to me at the time that I made the video.

2 Likes

All good, hopefully soon you will be logging me on FM soon on my own narrowcast frequency :smiley:

@Ant5476 Your mate is back on facebook.

5 Likes

Darf Punk is back on 89.5…not quite ‘around the world’ but heard locally.

1 Like

He’s up to something “again”…

I can hear 89.5 Penrith on the XHDATA this evening so it’s likely running some extra juice. Format is 80s dance funk.

8 Likes

Agree with the sentiments about ACMA. Especially as they allow the ABC to get away with murder

3 Likes

That’s new, I wonder what 80s dance funk consists of.

1 Like

Last time I saw a picture on that particular operator, was the one with his setup and you could see the TX was on 60 watt.

I don’t think he does very good with the idea of being pirate…generally you hide all traces of your deeds so someone has to physically locate you by signal.

1 Like

Tuning into Penrith Valley Bangaz today, they were running RFS bushfire preparedness PSAs in between their station IDs.

1 Like

They seem to be on air every Saturday.

He is doing very well, with a Facebook page advertising his station, showing his setup, and being on air every Saturday for the last six months and not getting caught, good on him!!!

Just goes to show if you broadcast on a weekend when ACMA have called stumps you get to continue what you are doing.

3 Likes

Has anyone complained to ACMA?

1 Like