Pirate Radio

Perhaps they’re capitalising on the new ACMA website in the hope complainants won’t be able to find where to complaint via the website?

@Ant5476 thanks for letting us know. Reckless conduct again from the operator.

3 Likes

With intense tropo over the region I wonder how much further his signal will travel? Probably his best chance of getting bustard.

Restarting his broadcasts in these conditions may not be the smartest move.

2 Likes

My taxes have been wasted on that. It’s as difficult to navigate as the previous one … but now on some pages I click a link and either get a 404 error or go around in a circle.

3 Likes

Very weak mono signal best around The Ponds / Stanhope with LOS toward the mountains. Patchy to no signal around Blacktown / Marayong.

Penrith Valley Bangaz is asking people to like them on Facebook.

1 Like

Not getting it here near Newcastle.

4 Likes

Kant 'ere Penriff Valley Banghaahhzz 'ere. Wots wit dat bro?

4 Likes

Our friend has been reading media spy again and he is pissed!!! He has been copying up our posts onto his Facebook page, cannot repeat the words he posted about us without getting barred for life from this forum.
In the work truck around Orchard Hills and this is where the signal starts get listenable.
So obviously coming more from the Penrith direction.
I must omit some of the music he is playing is quite good, enough said.

6 Likes

36 likes on his page and not one single interaction with any of his posts. I think we’re giving him more promotion than he is capable of :laughing:

6 Likes

He is liking his own posts.

2 Likes

Pirate Radio Starter fm 89.5 “The Beat of Sydney” on air.

Same signal strength as Penrith Valley Bangaz, but broadcasting in stereo.
Playing more mainstream music.

Probably will cop a verbal spray on his Facebook page for posting this if same guy.

3 Likes

Well timed as I’ll be heading out that way tonight (Richmond). I’ll see how good it gets out.

4 Likes

Station sounds very professional, they are currently broadcasting the DJ top 30 countdown which is a syndicated program.

2 Likes

website http://www.starterfm.com

Professional website too, with past playlist and program guide.

Under frequencies they have a section donate a frequency. They have taken 89.5mhz!!!

1 Like

I can’t imagine it would be the same guy.

You’d think he’d put it on a different frequency if so - maybe 90.7.

Likely the same pirate has taken to transmitting Starter FM’s programming

3 Likes

Apparently only on Saturdays

2 Likes

I am sure it is the same guy.
The Penrith Valley Bangaz facebook page also displays the logo for Starter Fm as well as Penrith Valley Bangaz.

Same signal strength as Bangaz but only difference is it’s in stereo.

Maybe a ploy to confuse ACMA and anyone he feels is out to get him. One Weekend broadcast Starter, and the next Bangaz.

1 Like

Thanks,
That answers it.

1 Like

Hey yeah the station Penrith Valley Bangaz takes Starter FM programming at times and they are taking the stream this Saturday. They don’t normally take the stream though.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the person who runs it is a member and has commented in the Digital Radio thread offering to run Gorilla.

2 Likes