Paramount+

I really enjoyed More Than This. I have heard some reviews calling it a toned down Aussie version of Skins.

I hope there is a season 2.

Take 2. Iconic Hit Show iCarly, Is Back For Season Two.

Streaming Exclusively On Paramount+ From Saturday, 9 April.

Season two of original hit series iCarly , will premiere with all-new episodes from Saturday, 9 April exclusively on Paramount+.

Produced by Nickelodeon Studios and based on the original hit sitcom, iCarly follows Carly Shay, the original influencer, and her friends as they navigate work, love and family in their 20s. Following the two-episode season premiere, new episodes will drop weekly on Saturdays.

The 10-episode second season of Paramount+’s iCarly picks up right after the first season ended, with Carly refocusing her attention on her friends and family following her romantic complications, all while working to boost her revived web channel.

Spencer and Harper must also navigate new personal and career developments, while Freddie balances raising Millicent with a new app and a new girlfriend.

The series stars Miranda Cosgrove as Carly, Jerry Trainor as Spencer, Nathan Kress as Freddie, Laci Mosley as Harper and Jaidyn Triplett as Millicent.

Nickelodeon’s original iCarly series, which ran from 2007-2012, followed a group of best friends as they created a webcast for and about kids their age while grappling with everyday problems and adventures. During its initial run, iCarly became a pop-culture staple and regularly broke viewership records among audiences of all ages. The original iCarly series was created by Dan Schneider.

iCarly for Paramount+ is produced by Nickelodeon Studios and is executive produced by Ali Schouten ( Champions ), Jonathan Fener ( American Housewife ) and Miranda Cosgrove, with Schouten and Fener also serving as showrunners. Jerry Trainor, Nathan Kress and Alissa Vradenburg ( The Simple Life ) serve as producers.

Update:

Here’s An Offer: A New Trailer For The Offer.

The Offer. Available To Stream Exclusively On Paramount+ From Friday, 29 April.

Paramount+ today revealed the official trailer for its original limited event series The Offer , based on Oscar®-winning producer Albert S. Ruddy’s extraordinary, never-before-seen experiences of making the legendary, The Godfather.

The Offer will premiere on Friday, 29 April, exclusively for Paramount+ subscribers. The first three episodes of the 10-episode-long series will be available to stream at launch. Following the premiere, the remaining seven episodes will be available to stream weekly on Thursdays.

The series stars Miles Teller as Albert S. Ruddy, Matthew Goode as Robert Evans, Juno Temple as Bettye McCartt, Giovanni Ribisi as Joe Colombo, Dan Fogler as Francis Ford Coppola, Burn Gorman as Charles Bluhdorn, Colin Hanks as Barry Lapidus and Patrick Gallo as Mario Puzo.

From Paramount Television Studios, the 10-episode event series is written and executive produced by Nikki Toscano ( Hunters ), who serves as showrunner, and created and written by Oscar- and Emmy-nominated writer Michael Tolkin ( Escape at Dannemora, The Player ). In addition to Tolkin and Toscano, two-time Oscar winner Albert S. Ruddy ( Million Dollar Baby, The Longest Yard, Hogan’s Heroes), Miles Teller, Russell Rothberg and Leslie Greif, who also developed the series, serve as executive producers alongside Dexter Fletcher ( Rocketman), who also directed the first block of the series.

The Offer joins a host of the world’s best entertainment currently streaming on Paramount+, including HALO, Star Trek: Discovery, The Gilded Age, Dexter: New Blood, Yellowjackets, Five Bedrooms , 1883 and Ray Donovan: The Movie , with Super Pumped: The Battle For Uber , The First Lady, The Man Who Fell To Earth, iCarly and Tokyo Vice streaming soon.

It’s odd that Paramount+ doesn’t have an Xbox app when their newest show is based on Xbox’s biggest IP.

I don’t have P+ or Binge because the only supported device I own is my phone and iPad.

1 Like

It’s frustrating that local Paramount+ is still a fork of the US version. You can get an Xbox app in the US.

3 Likes

The fact they still don’t have profiles yet is honestly embarrassing, such a standard feature and really should have been available from launch.

2 Likes

British Actor Ian McShane Joins Last King Of The Cross.

Last King Of The Cross. A Paramount+ Original Streaming Soon.

Acclaimed British actor Ian McShane ( Deadwood , John Wick: Chapter 4 ) will play the lead antagonist, Ezra Shipman, in the highly anticipated Australian original drama series, Last King of The Cross , which will stream exclusively on Paramount+.

Daniel Monaghan, Senior Vice President, Content and Programming, Paramount Australia and New Zealand, said: “We are incredibly thrilled to have an actor of Ian McShane’s calibre and body of work, join our very own rising star Lincoln Younes, to tell this unique and captivating Australian story set amongst one of our country’s most iconic and notorious backdrops.”

Producer and HELIUM Founder, Mark Fennessy, said: “From Winston to Blackbeard, Al Swearengen to Mr Wednesday, Ian McShane’s on-screen characterisations are the epitome of compelling masterpieces, and we cannot wait for the world to meet Ezra Shipman.”

Renowned for his outstanding characterisations of anti-heroes and charming heavies, McShane will bring to life the fictional character of Ezra Shipman - the reigning King of The Cross .

Wily and much-celebrated, Ezra has a gift for all things business, be that the stock market or overseeing the illegal gambling, prostitution, and strip joints that Kings Cross has been famous for since the Vietnam War.

For three generations Ezra has been the most powerful and most feared man in Sydney, but now he is confronting his looming mortality. For all his power and material success, and all he has had to do to maintain it, there is no one to continue his legacy.

Enter John Ibrahim, (Lincoln Younes) an adolescent facsimile of Ezra: young, brash, ambitious, and intelligent. Seeing the opportunity to extend his reign, Ezra takes the young John into his inner circle as his acolyte. But who is exploiting who?

With filming set to commence in Sydney in May, Last King of The Cross is a 10-part serialised drama inspired by John Ibrahim’s best-selling autobiography of the same name. It is an operatic story of two brothers, Sam and John Ibrahim who organise the street but lose each other in their ascent to power.

Last King of The Cross is a HELIUM Pictures production for Paramount+ Australia with Cineflix Rights as the exclusive international distribution partner. Produced by Mark Fennessy and Karl Zwicky, the elevated serialised drama is by multi award-winning writer/director Kieran Darcy-Smith who will also direct.

Halo has set a new record as the service’s most-watched series premiere globally in its first 24 hours of release, topping the previous mark established by Yellowstone prequel 1883 in December 2021.

Does anyone know why the next episode of the new South Park is not up yet?

The season is only 6 episodes long

HALO Eclipses Paramount+’s All-Time Viewership Record Globally.

Paramount+’s latest original series, HALO , based on the iconic Xbox franchise, has broken a new record as the service’s most-watched series premiere of all-time in the U.S. and internationally.

“Bringing HALO to life as a streaming series has been one of the most rewarding efforts for Paramount+ to date and we could not be more thrilled at the massive fan response to the series’ debut,” said Tanya Giles, Chief Programming Officer, Paramount+. “Along with our phenomenal partners at SHOWTIME, 343 Industries and Amblin Television, we cannot wait for fans to experience more of this incredible universe.”

The series, which has already been renewed for a second season, takes place in the universe that first debuted in 2001 with the launch of Xbox®’s first Halo game.

Dramatising an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant, HALO the series will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future.

The series stars Pablo Schreiber ( American Gods ) as the Master Chief, Spartan-117; Natascha McElhone ( Californication ) as Dr. Halsey, the brilliant, conflicted and inscrutable creator of the Spartan super soldiers; and Jen Taylor ( Halo game series, RWBY) as Cortana, the most advanced AI in human history, and potentially the key to the survival of the human race.

Additional stars include Bokeem Woodbine ( Fargo ), Shabana Azmi ( Fire ), Natasha Culzac ( The Witcher ), Olive Gray ( Half Moon Investigations ), Yerin Ha ( Reef Break ), Bentley Kalu ( Avengers: Age of Ultron ), Kate Kennedy ( Catastrophe ), Charlie Murphy ( Peaky Blinders ) and Danny Sapani ( Penny Dreadful ). Also joining the cast as original characters are Ryan McParland ( 6Degrees ), Burn Gorman ( The Expanse ) and Fiona O’Shaughnessy ( Nina Forever ).

Halo reinvented how people think about video games and has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, having sold more than 82 million copies worldwide and grossing more than $6 billion in lifetime total sales revenue.

New Episodes of HALO Stream Weekly on Thursdays. Exclusively on Paramount+.

I’ve had a subscription to P+ for a while and will continue to do so primarily for the ability to watch the Star Trek franchise, the service has a lot of good going for it with it’s content pipeline and pool of known content and francises. I would say though there are a lot of improvements to be made in particular with the design. The continue playing needs to be fixed as it is buggy at best so that you can continue to watch across devices like most other service and see which episodes you have already watched.

also there needs to be more categories in general and a way to see australian content particularly and also a star trek channel which categorises all the series which the US version already has.

I’d be happy to send some feedback to Paramount AU but they don’t seem to listen very much.

1 Like

I’ve started watching NCIS for the first time, and I’m watching the late night shows. Really happy with it so far and I’m getting more out of it then Netflix being a fan of ST.

1 Like

What’s coming up in April on this service

if you google “paramount plus april 2022” you’ll see about half a dozen links that answer your question

3 Likes

I tried but it was dismissed. I even reached out to paramount in the US and they were shocked these things weren’t on offer here in australia

2 Likes

Australia’s Helium Pictures will produce the 8-hour scripted series for Network 10 and Paramount+ Australia.

Paramount will be presenting the series to buyers at this year’s MIPTV television market, which kicks off in Cannes on April 3.

Production on Paper Dolls is set to start in Sydney later this year for a planned premiere in 2023

10 is obsessed with female centric shows based on niche concepts. Only good thing is it’s more Australian content.

I’d like to see P+ do more high concept stuff rather than derivative crap.

3 Likes