Paramount+

Which includes a local adaptation called Australia Shore.

A lot of long running formats getting local adaptations, feels a bit desperate rather than trying to commission anything new or refreshing.

Surely they could find something better to call it than Australia Shore?

5 Likes

The Shire? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I know it seems that but name a streaming service that isn’t leaning into existing IP and formats they own to build a continual pipeline of content?

Bondi Shore?

1 Like

I totally get that, but they’ve announced so many local adaptions of existing and long running formats in such a short amount of time: NCIS, Geordie Shore, The Challenge etc. That’s pretty unprecedented in this particular example.

I must say, I’m impressed with the amount of local content P+ is commissioning and it’s a fairly smart strategy leveraging FTA and SVOD to benefit both - something Stan has largely avoided to date aside from the odd exception like sport and old content.

Goldies/Surfers Shores?

I felt the same way after watching the investor presentation Paramount did this week and seeing how Paramount+'s content strategy relies (for better or worse) very heavily on offering spin-offs and local adaptations of established shows/brands.

While I understand why they’re going down that track, it was disappointing how very few of the shows/movies announced were new titles.

Australia Shore sounds so strange.

The original is named after the real life New Jersey coastline or shore known Jersey Shore - hence the title

The Uk series was set in Newcastle (which really has no coast/shore) but Geordie is the name for someone from Newcastle.

But Australia Shore? Maybe so they can move it city to city?

I would have thought Goldie Shore makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Probably Australia Shore to be able to market it easier Globally.

2 Likes

I feel Aussie Shore works a bit better. Otherwise it sounds like we’re in trouble and they’re using our full name.

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying The Gilded Age and 1883 both beautifully produced and seemingly authentic looks at early American history. Amazing to realise that they are set less than one year apart with the New York series starting in 1882.

2 Likes

South Park

3 Likes

On their Facebook page they say they are only releasing episodes 1 and 2 this week…of south Park 3 and 4 next Friday.

Bill Nighy Stars In New Original Drama Made Famous By David Bowie.

The Man Who Fell To Earth. Streaming Exclusively On Paramount+ From April 25.

BAFTA® Award winner Bill Nighy (Love Actually), and Oscar nominees Chiwetel Ejiofor ( 12 Years A Slave ) and Naomie Harris ( Moonlight ), will star in the highly anticipated upcoming original drama series, The Man Who Fell To Earth , along with Jimmi Simpson, Rob Delaney, Sonya Cassidy, Joana Ribeiro, Annelle Olaleye, Kate Mulgrew and Clarke Peters.

Inspired by the Walter Tevis novel of the same name and the iconic David Bowie film, The Man Who Fell To Earth will follow a new alien character (Ejiofor) who arrives on Earth at a turning point in human evolution, and must confront his own past to determine our future. Harris plays Justin Falls, a brilliant scientist and engineer who must conquer her own demons in the race to save two worlds.

The Man Who Fell To Earth is executive produced by Alex Kurtzman, Jenny Lumet, John Hlavin, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly, Heather Kadin, Aaron Baiers, Chiwetel Ejiofor and STUDIOCANAL’s Rola Bauer and Françoise Guyonnet. The series is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Timberman/Beverly. STUDIOCANAL owns the rights for both Walter Tevis’ book as well as the Nicolas Roeg film with David Bowie. The series is distributed internationally by Paramount Global Distribution Group.

1 Like

Anybody else getting Chibnall-era Doctor Who vibes from that logo? Doubly ironic considering the first Jodie Whittaker episode title “The Woman Who Fell To Earth” was a reference to the original book that this series is based on.

4 Likes

When will there a guide for shows in March on paramount + its March on Tuesday so maybe tomorrow.

Here is the March guide

1 Like

Flatshare will be exclusively available on Paramount+ in the UK as well as all international markets where the service is available.

Michael Dorman Is Joe Pickett.

Joe Pickett. Available To Stream Exclusively On Paramount+ From Sunday, 6 March.

Did you love Mayor of Kingstown and 1883, and now you’re looking to fill that western-drama shaped hole in your life? Look no further than Joe Pickett , streaming exclusively on Paramount+ from Sunday, 6 March.

Starring Aussie Michael Dorman and based on the #1 bestselling book series by C.J. Box, Joe Pickett follows a game warden (Dorman) as his family navigating the changing political and socio-economic climate of rural Wyoming, a place rife with wildlife, history, schemes and secrets.

When a murder victim winds up on Joe’s doorstep, will the Picketts find themselves embroiled in a larger conspiracy?

A Powerful New Look At Racial Injustice.

Attica. Available To Stream Exclusively On Paramount+ From Monday, 7 March.

During the summer of 1971, tensions between mostly inmates of colour and white guards at the Attica Correctional Facility are at an all-time high. On the morning of September 9, it all comes to a head as Attica becomes the stage for one of the largest and deadliest U.S. prison riots ever.

Streaming exclusively on Paramount+ from Monday, 7 March, 2022 Academy Award® nominee for Best Documentary Feature Attica , expands on the narrative with information from survivors, observers, and expert government officials who lived to tell their story.

The violent five-day standoff gripped America then, and highlights the urgent, ongoing need for reform 50 years later.

Trying to watch More than This, it’s on the iOS app but not launching on Apple TV even though it’s on the home page as available :triumph:

1 Like