Paramount+

WTH! it makes lots of sense, disappointment, seriously, they’re all interchangeable. It was always going to move across eventually once the path was available.

It’s stupid that people don’t understand. Clearly viacomCBS couldn’t negotiate an international deal until after Dec 31. So from 2022 the property will be available internationally. The North American market is different. Whilst it’s frustrating for fans… including me. We will have to wait Ubtil January.
Hopefully P+ dump all episodes so we can catch up.

3 Likes

There’s something more at play or else they wouldn’t have been promoting the international release just a week before…

1 Like

They weren’t promoting the 4th season at all on Netflix here as far as I could see so makes me think there has been something in the works for a while. Discovery has been pulled off Netflix now so surely as we already have P+

1 Like

Netflix never promoted any seaso, except the first. ViacomCBS, however, was flying the cast conventions just a week before.

I think I saw a new promo shown during the last ad break of The Project tonight, the presentation style was quite different than what they’ve done so far -in particular some different title straps for the show name.

I meant trailers on netflix etc and promotion on the netflix platform which other shows have.

While the series screened on FOX Showcase in Australia, the movie (which was a separate commission by Showtime) will screen on Paramount+.

It is expected in January.

Would the prequel to Yellowstone called 1883 go to Paramount+ ? or Stan?

It’s been announced for P+.

I just started watching Yellowstone and I am enjoying it.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

Wonder how they’ve managed to do this big backflip, one would’ve assumed the original delay of launching in overseas territories was due to licensing restrictions with contracts so maybe they’ve come to some arrangement with Netflix?

Another 50% off promo for the first 3 months if you sign up using ‘StarTrek’ promo code.

1 Like

Good way to drive subscriptions. Loyal Star Trek fans will sing up.

3 Likes

What time would we see the new South Park movie , it says Thursday Nov 25 but would that mean tomorrow at 5pm ?

I’m curious if these movies will stay exclusive to Paramount + here in Australia or they will also be aired after a few months on Ten’s multichannels. If a new season of South Park comes out will it be on Paramount + now and not on FTA . And yes I know streaming rights and FTA right are different before anyone says anything .

I wonder if the streaming model of the future is same day all over the world which we pay for in Paramount+ and then free to air broadcast to follow in a few months like they have done with NCIS Hawaii……just like 30 years ago with movie/video rental/free to air taking 2 or 3 years

1 Like

I think it would be a good way to go. there are a lot of australian dramas that are going on to Stan,P+ etc exclusively. I would have thought it would be a great opportunity for 9 and 10 in particular to diversify their programming from all the reality by airing the Dramas that stream to start with on FTA 6 or 12 months later.