Paramount+

Not super impressed with Prime Video channels. Almost definitely an issue on 10’s end, but the new episode of Dexter is on Apple TV Channels and Paramount+ but not Amazon.

Paramount+ in general feels no different to the issues 10 All Access had. Inconsistent content (The Cheap Seats uploads late, no new season of The Bachelorette) and a bad app. Thought these channels might save it, but who knows when someone at 10 will press the sync button with Amazon.

As with Binge, I’d happily pay for this content. Heck, I’d pay more for it to be delivered properly. But the experience is bad enough to make the money feel like a waste.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so sure to point directly to Paramount/10 if it is working on Apple and Paramount but not Amazon.

Amazon has in my opinion the most clunky, archaic interface of all streaming services.

Star Trek: Discovery is leaving Netflix for Paramount+ and is expected to launch on the latter globally in 2022.

By the looks of that, launching in Australia early 2022.

Shame we have to wait until 2022 to see. But it is great to have it on P+.

I reckon that tweet on the Australian page is from corporate before looking at what they have here

Prodigy launched same time as US, Discovery may yet do that.

1 Like

I subbed to P+ today. Love the content not just the football but the shows they have

2 Likes

You can get a 30 day free trial for P+ by signing up for Keep Up, the new APL run football website.

https://keepup.com.au/news/how-to-watch-a-leagues-on-10-and-paramount

1 Like

Highly doubtful that Paramount+ will be launching in NZ anytime soon based on this news today:

The new relationship also puts paid to the prospect of ViacomCBS-owned Paramount+ launching a streaming service here anytime soon.

ViacomCBS will use TVNZ OnDemand as a proxy platform, similar to TVNZ’s arrangement for Peacock content through its NBCUniversal deal.

1 Like

HBO has released the first trailer for Julian Fellowes series The Gilded Age. It premieres in the US on January 24, 2022. Paramount+ has the rights in Australia.

Paramount+ has revealed the first trailer for the upcoming South Park: Post Covid movie.

1 Like

The First Of Two Exclusive South Park Events Debuts Friday, 26 November.

A Second New Exclusive Event to Follow in December, Only on Paramount+.

Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today revealed a first look at the service’s upcoming exclusive original South Park event, titled SOUTH PARK: POST COVID , which will premiere on Paramount+ in on Friday, 26 November.

In SOUTH PARK: POST COVID , we’ll find out the answer to the question: what happened to the children who lived through the pandemic? Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny survived, but will never be the same post COVID.

South Park the series launched on August 13, 1997, and is based on the VHS-shared, animated short entitled The Spirit of Christmas. Co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are executive producers, along with Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are producers. Christopher Brion is the creative director of South Park Digital Studios. “South Park’s” website is SouthPark.cc.com.

MTV Entertainment Studios’ expansive deal with Parker and Stone includes extending South Park on Comedy Central through 2027 and taking cable’s longest-running scripted series – August 13, 2022 marks the franchise’s 25th anniversary – through an unprecedented 30th season. In addition to the series extension, the new deal includes 14 South Park original made-for-streaming events exclusively for Paramount+. The series has earned five Emmy Awards, to date, and a George Foster Peabody Award.

This was rolled out about 2 weeks ago…

https://twitter.com/paramountplusau/status/1461506108376317955?s=21

The Gilded Age , initially I thought by HBO it was HBO Max but it says “HBO” when i looked it up… i thought this would have gone to Foxtel under their exclusive HBO deal?

10 announced it at their upfronts about 2 years ago.

2 Likes

I just got an email
“Resubscribe and get 50% off for three months”
Just in time for summer @$14 for 3 months might just take them up on it

2 Likes

I just got it also, I had originally subscribed to 10AA under another email and signed up for P+ to get a free trial with another to check it out.

Might cancel my other one and take up the offer.

I wonder if Paramount Plus will pick up subscribers who don’t want to pay $17 a month for HD with Netflix . If my maths is correct it’s 47 percent cheaperthan Netflix lol.

Also can’t believe Netflix is that high now for HD didn’t realise it had gone up that high.

Even Stan now on every tier is cheaper.