Paramount Australia & New Zealand

The thing he has much more to lose if he owns ten and they go to shit with the news corp tie up. CBS will bring more investment.

Not to mention the job losses associated with a WIN/Fox owned network. From a laymans perspective the CBS deal is far superior. The ten shares were with a pittance when they went into administration and receivership.

7 Likes

This CBS takeover isn’t going to fail and we end up with Gordon and Murdoch owning it ?

the positive outcome would be Fox doing Ten’s sport coverage for them. I would rather listen to the Fox commentators over the Ten commentators. As some would find the Fox commentary team to be superior over Ten’s commentators for Supercars and Rugby

The Australian has added to its origianl story about the delayed creditors’ meeting the following info.

Meanwhile, disgruntled Ten shareholders will not be launching a class action against the network, the Australian Share­holders Association has an­nounced.

The ASA said: “ASA accepts that creditors rank ahead of shareholders and, after preliminary discussions with legal representatives, we are not proposing to be involved in any legal process designed to foil or amend the proposed sale to CBS.”

6 Likes

Well that’s a good piece of news. Now we need that old fart Gordon and that muppet Murdoch to accept the independent administrators recommendation that CBS had a better deal and ten can become competitive again and keep hundreds of people in jobs in the media so that they can add some diversity.

5 Likes

Article showing how Murdoch and Gordong stuffed this whole thing up:

Looks like a lot to go in this whole saga. The judge may rule that KordaMentha show all bids for voting and that staff being major creditors could have a major vote in all this. I am sure they will prefer CBS over those other clowns. It seems they’ve out smarted themselves when pursuing ten and CBS has got the better deal here.

10 Likes

Spot on there.

7 Likes

These two couldn’t organise a fuck in a fuck shop.

I think I got that right.

13 Likes

Root in a brothel but whatever floats your boat.

7 Likes

Well I hope you didn’t mean tuck shop.

5 Likes

That would be tucker in a tuck shop. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Roast Paul Murray left in the oven at 180°C for two hours before a half hour at 220°C to let the crackling really pop. Leave for 5 minutes at room temp to let the juices out and then slice into succulent pieces. Serve with a side of chips and salad.

4 Likes

Presumably Gordon is currently in Australia making trouble instead of his usual domicile in the Caribbean, hiding from those nasty hurricanes lashing that part of the world, and so no chance of nature/global warming dealing with one of Australian TV’s problems?

3 Likes

Am I missing something or is there a reason Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon attract such vitriol here? Is this really to do with WIN having a solid watermark, or is it because they hold right-wing political views? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Bruce Gordon hasn’t publicy said anything much in recent years except about media policy, has he? So your theory can’t be the issue.

1 Like

Well my real theory is that there is no reason for such vile postings about them.

+1 for hating the watermarks here.

1 Like

They have mismanaged Ten to a point where it went into administration, maybe?

16 Likes

Nothing to do with left or right or politics… they have fucked up ten. They are poor business men in this case and they have engaged in some shifty behavior here to try and get an outcome favorable to them without the care for others or the jobs or the media industry as a whole.

So they both can go and fuck themselves.

12 Likes

Not only that, but they were arrogant and tried to make a business move which wasn’t even possible under current legislation.

Gordon is guilty of treating regional viewers like rubes with shitty watermarking practices. That shitty watermark is probably punishment to the few viewers who stayed with WIN after he pissed off Nine enough to jeopardise their affiliation agreement. He also axed local news in some areas and ran Nine in Adelaide and Perth into the ground (or, at the very least allowed them to continue wallowing in their own failure for a few more years).

Lachlan is just a failure all round. OneTel was a disaster, and his ventures into radio were meh. He’s got the galactic empire of his father Darth Rupert behind him and he still can’t pull off basic shit.

So yeah, both are equally deserving of derision at this point, even moreso because of Ten’s current shit ratings and poor business state.

11 Likes