Paramount Australia & New Zealand

Lol. Daily Mail is such a high standard of news journalism, than throw in a bitter Right Wing paper always wanting to throw anything at the project, cause it doesn’t promote its agenda but goes against it.

But hey you keep telling yourself it was “significance” :rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Content under the pact will come from ViacomCBS’s portfolio of entertainment, news and sports brands, including BET, CBS Television Network, CBS News, CBS Sports, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV — including the MTV Video Music Awards — Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Channel 5, Network 10 and Telefe.

In addition, under the renewal, Paramount Plus will host three Twitter Watch Parties for select original series (which ViacomCBS didn’t identify).

1 Like

there’s great news comedy shows from OS as well. I’d love to see a local version of Mock the week. I’m surprised, given it’s longevity in the UK (over 19 seasons) there has not been a local version of it

1 Like

Mock the Week is shit, we’ve had local similar formats like GNW, Glass House and even HYBPA that are far better and don’t have shitty theatre games.

2 Likes

i quite enjoy scenes we’d like to see and the other theater games. still, each to his own

1 Like

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. But I just watched the Adele / Oprah special (amazing!) … why would CBS have not given that to 10? Why sell it to 7??? Could have been huge for 10.

2 Likes

Because $$$.

Airing it on 10 wouldn’t have made them any money. Selling it to 7 would have earned them a few $$$$.

1 Like

That’s not correct. 10 still would have paid for it, but bo doubt Seven paid more.

That said, did ViacomCBS even own it to have the distribution rights? It could be Oprah’s company.

Also - if ViacomCBS does own it - although selling to Seven no doubt resulted in a higher fee than 10 would have been willing to pay - there is something to be said for keeping good content on your own platforms, longer term benefits

Selling it to Seven, ViacomCBS gets a higher fee

Selling it to 10, they get the fee, plus higher add revenue, plus a boosted 9.30 show - and they keep it off Seven

There are strategic benefits to that too

5 Likes

If you haven’t watched 10 then you have no right to judge. It’s like saying broccoli is terrible yet you’ve never eaten it

7 Likes

I think Fulwell owned it, didn’t they?

1 Like

They should have shown the inverview as close as possible to when it aired in US. Adele fans are going to use a VPN to watch the show on CBS’s catch up service.

1 Like

While she’s a demographic transcending pop star, the percentage of Adele fans who did this as you suggest would have been minuscule.

3 Likes
1 Like

I note from the audience report that 10 claim:
10’s audience is not only younger, but also more affluent. 59% of 10’s audience have a household income over $90,000 a year, compared to 50% of Nine’s audience and just 45% of Seven’s.

Interesting assertion but also a lot to ruminate for advertisers. No surprises 7s audience are mostly poor and predominately over 65.

2 Likes

I guess the ABC TV is predominantly over 65 and more affluent

1 Like

They don’t sell advertising.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wait I’m confused, what is the point of this if 10Play is already here and essentially an ad-supported streaming service?
So Paramount+, Pluto TV and 10Play?

2 Likes

It’d be nice if some money could be invested in 10Play to bring it up to par with 9Now and 7Plus instead of just launching brand new services. I feel like the Pluto channels could be pretty well integrated into 10Play anyway (like the channels on 7Plus)

5 Likes

Quite different products.

10 play is primarily a catch-up and live streaming service, with a limited library of other niche content for a local player.

Pluto TV offers hundreds of curated channels of content and is a global brand & strategy from ViacomCBS.

Don’t see why they can’t both operate in this market, especially as it’s ad supported and at a time when additional content is primarily being offered at a cost.

3 Likes