Overseas Television

I wonder if line converters were widely avaialble at that time. Note that in the quote above, Ardagh mentions TV sets in Alsace being “adapted” to receive German TV.

1 Like

Of course, cross-border TV viewing also extended across the Iron Curtain. Here’s a passage about TV in a divided Berlin, again from Timothy Green’s 1972 book (click to enlarge):

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Since our discussion of cross-border television is primarily history-related, I propose that we continue it in THIS thread.

An interesting feature about TV in North Korea:

2 Likes

CTV Comedy

CTV

CTV SciFi

CTV Drama

1 Like

Video of ABS-CBN’s shutdown taken from their newsroom.

if iam correct the order of shut down is because of abs-cbn was critising deturte?

On-air

The authorities in the Philippines have essentially revoked the broadcast licence of the largest commercial broadcaster over there, ABS-CBN. Most agree it’s because they were critical of President Duterte. Scary stuff, this could well be back to the times of a Marcos-style dictatorship.

1 Like

ABS-CBN did stop broadcasting once before, during the Marcos era, from 1972 to 1986.

1 Like

the gov in the Philippines does not want to renew the broadcasting license for the big broadcaster ABS-CBN

2 Likes

and this is all because they started to critizie what deturte is doing as president

1 Like

phillipine house consitutes as a commitee of the whole to tackle abs-cbn franchise bill

1 Like

lawmakers aprove abs-cbn provisional franchise till oct 31 2020:

I can only assume he won’t be in office for very long…

Duterte’s term ends in 2 years time and he can’t seek re-election