One Plus One

Courtney’s got a new (ish) show :wink:

Although I think she is an amazing talent I’m not her biggest fan. I just advocated for her on 10 as she fits their brand. I think networks have an opportunity to showcase different types of people rather than the white straight female or white straight male but it seems commercial networks are still a little worried about crossing that line.

1 Like

It will be interesting to watch this new series with Courtney,hopefully it will lead to future hosting roles for her with other networks.

I always thought Courtney Act would have been good for a night time chat show. Maybe something in the style of Graham Norton or Alan Carr: Chatty Man. I’ve seen and heard interviews with Courtney, who is quick with the jokes and retorts.

3 Likes

Although i have only heard of one of the guests in the upcoming season, i think its a good choice having Courtney Act hosting a show like this. I hope this will in turn lead her to a more mid-to-long turn in hosting duties of a variety-type show.

I think having this show having different hosts doing a five-to-six week run of this show of late pretty good too. Makes it less boring and predictable.

1 Like

Courtney Act’s One Plus One

Episode 1 - Monday 28 June at 8pm

Drag artist and singer Courtney Act hosts a special primetime series of ABC’s in-depth interview show One Plus One, her first guest is Lisa Origliasso - one half of the Veronicas.

Episode 2 - Monday 5 July at 8:00pm

Nat’s What I Reckon joins Courtney Act in the kitchen to share a meal, along with his thoughts on religious dogma, mental health struggles, and losing half a lung.

1 Like

Who’s the guy in the picture, is he Nat?

Yes.

Episode 3

Monday 12 July at 8:00pm

Aweng Chuol has graced catwalks around the world, but she was scouted as she served fast food in Western Sydney. She chats to Courtney Act about her early life in Africa, coming out, and representing Australia.

Episode 4

Monday 19 July at 8:00pm

Thomas King wants to change the world – particularly the way we think about food. He joins Courtney Act to talk about effective advocacy, and his love for David Attenborough.

1 Like

Episode 5: Final Episode

Monday 26 July at 8:00pm

Mitch Tambo has loved music since he was a child. He tells Courtney Act about sharing his language with the world, and they compare notes on their time as reality TV stars.

Episode 1 preview caps

2 Likes

Great shoes and chat! :joy:

2 Likes

Courtney Act’s One Plus One is also shown on ABC Australia across Asia-Pacific region on Tuesday nights, with each episode screening the night after the Australian broadcast.

Barrie Cassidy’s One Plus One - Season 2

From Thursday 2 December 8.00pm

The ABC NEWS interview program welcomes Barrie Cassidy back to host another season of One Plus One, this time exploring how Australians have coped with the pandemic.

Episode One:

In the season launch, Barrie sits down with veteran radio host Fran Kelly.

After 17 years of early morning alarms, this year will be Fran’s last hosting RN Breakfast. She talks about her love of radio, what the world looks like before dawn, and how she’s seen Australia change during her time behind the mic.

1 Like

Nominated for an AACTA for Best Factual Entertainment Program:

Episode 2: Thursday 9 December

Jane Barnes might be married to one of Australia’s biggest rockstars, but her creative
journey is a story in its own right. She speaks to Barrie Cassidy about family, addiction, and
becoming a social media star.

Episode 4: Thursday December 23 8:00pm

Melissa Leong is a very private person with a very public job. She talks to Barrie Cassidy about feeling different, growing up with depression, and why she didn’t immediately say yes when offered the chance to be a judge on Masterchef.

1 Like
2 Likes

Episode 5

Thursday 30 December 8.00pm

Barrie Cassidy returns to One Plus One for a series of in-depth conversations exploring how Australians have coped with COVID. Tonight, infectious diseases expert Sharon Lewin.

Sharon Lewin has become a household name in the past two years. The infectious diseases expert talks to Barrie Cassidy about the way the COVID pandemic has changed our lives, and her hopes for the future.

2 Likes