One Plus One

@JohnsonTV Kurt’s interview with Grace Tame will air next Thursday (25 March).

Thursday 1 April

1 Like

Thursday 8 April-

2 Likes

Thursday 15 April-

Kurt’s final episode this week.

EDIT-

1 Like

Special primetime series of One Plus One

Monday 28 June at 8pm

One Plus One, ABC’s in-depth interview show, returns Monday 28th June at 8pm on ABC TV and ABC iview for a special primetime series, hosted by drag artist, singer and cultural provocateur Courtney Act.
Courtney says “It’s not often I get the chance to be the person actually asking the questions and so this was a wonderful opportunity to feed my curious nature and delve into the lives and stories of these really captivating people”

Over five episodes, Courtney will flex her interview prowess to shine a spotlight on some of Australia’s young gamechangers, who are striving to make a difference not only in their own lives but who also entertain, educate, and positively inspire others around the world.

They include, Lisa Origliasso singer songwriter and half of the hugely successful pop duo The Veronicas; writer, singer/songwriter Mitch Tambo; comedian, Youtube sensation and mental health ambassador Nat’s What I Reckon; South Sudanese Australian model Aweng Chuol and social entrepreneur and Food Frontier founder Thomas King.

Courtney’s guests open-up to her about their lived experiences, beliefs and challenges that have help shape their thinking and direction in life. In their own way, each guest illustrates the complex nature of the world as Courtney explores both their achievements and failures with empathy, admiration and a sense of fun.

2 Likes

Paging @turdall.

What am I being paged for haha

Courtney’s got a new (ish) show :wink:

Although I think she is an amazing talent I’m not her biggest fan. I just advocated for her on 10 as she fits their brand. I think networks have an opportunity to showcase different types of people rather than the white straight female or white straight male but it seems commercial networks are still a little worried about crossing that line.

1 Like

It will be interesting to watch this new series with Courtney,hopefully it will lead to future hosting roles for her with other networks.

I always thought Courtney Act would have been good for a night time chat show. Maybe something in the style of Graham Norton or Alan Carr: Chatty Man. I’ve seen and heard interviews with Courtney, who is quick with the jokes and retorts.

3 Likes

Although i have only heard of one of the guests in the upcoming season, i think its a good choice having Courtney Act hosting a show like this. I hope this will in turn lead her to a more mid-to-long turn in hosting duties of a variety-type show.

I think having this show having different hosts doing a five-to-six week run of this show of late pretty good too. Makes it less boring and predictable.

1 Like

Courtney Act’s One Plus One

Episode 1 - Monday 28 June at 8pm

Drag artist and singer Courtney Act hosts a special primetime series of ABC’s in-depth interview show One Plus One, her first guest is Lisa Origliasso - one half of the Veronicas.

Episode 2 - Monday 5 July at 8:00pm

Nat’s What I Reckon joins Courtney Act in the kitchen to share a meal, along with his thoughts on religious dogma, mental health struggles, and losing half a lung.

1 Like

Who’s the guy in the picture, is he Nat?

Yes.

Episode 3

Monday 12 July at 8:00pm

Aweng Chuol has graced catwalks around the world, but she was scouted as she served fast food in Western Sydney. She chats to Courtney Act about her early life in Africa, coming out, and representing Australia.

Episode 4

Monday 19 July at 8:00pm

Thomas King wants to change the world – particularly the way we think about food. He joins Courtney Act to talk about effective advocacy, and his love for David Attenborough.

1 Like

Episode 5: Final Episode

Monday 26 July at 8:00pm

Mitch Tambo has loved music since he was a child. He tells Courtney Act about sharing his language with the world, and they compare notes on their time as reality TV stars.

Episode 1 preview caps

2 Likes