Olympics Coverage - History

External shots of Kitchen HQ are of the former Paramount Building in Brisbane St Surry Hills. Happy to be corrected though - I just assumed that meant they filmed inside as well - they put a lot of emphasis on exterior shots of that building when referring to Kitchen HQ which seems strange if it’s not actually there.

3 Likes

Nup it’s filmed in a studio, though I’m not sure exactly where that studio is (I always assumed Eveleigh though given they do everything else for the show in that area).

You used to be able to see studio space behind the revolving door from some angles before they put up some sort of screen on the other side to try and make it look like the street was just outside.

1 Like

The 7 Olympics app is currently the No 1 free app being downloaded in Australia. It has finally passed Pokemon

3 Likes

How do you connect to premiem (if Telstra mobile customer)?

When I first downloaded, all I saw was three bar options for “Sign in with Facebook, Google or eMail”?

I even switched WiFi off (i.e.) 4G

Click on a video/option with a padlock and it gives you the option to activate your Telstra premium content. You’ll need to be on the cellular network to do this (not to the wifi)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Yep, choose one of them based on how you want to sign in (email is probably easiest), follow the instructions and then follow @NRN11 's post

don’t pay $20… buy a $2 telstra sim and get it for free. thats what i did

5 Likes
  • According to EPG (at leasf until next Saturday) *

RIO 2016 OLYMPICS

Midnight to Sunrise: Todd Woodbridge

9am to 2pm: Jim Wilson

2pm to “The Chase”: Kylie Gillies

“In Rio Today” (7pm to 9:30pm): Hamish McLachlan

9:30pm to 10:30pm: Hamish McLachlan

10:30pm to Midnight: Mel McLaughlin

NB/
Opening Ceremony lead-up: Joh Griggs & Basil Zempilas

Opening Ceremony: Joh Griggs & Basil Zempilas, with Bruce McAvaney & Andrew Gaze.

Day 1 on Seven Network: Only the Opening Ceremony (6am to 1:30pm) & repeated during “In Rio Today”.

Most of tomorrow afternoon is repeats of “Off The Record” with Bruce.

Saturday arvo AFL for Melbourne & Adelaide viewers (delayed) from 3pm.

2 Likes

Eek, not off to the best start with Jim presenting the first half hour of coverage from the studio because Joh wasn’t able to get into the stadium and to her position in time. Didn’t catch the reason why but hopefully it’s not a sign of logistical problems to come!

Not sure about having a huge LIVE tag on-screen during what appear to be prerecorded interviews and mostly packaged content (judging by the bright afternoon sun on-screen when it is actually now sunset in Rio).

1 Like

it was issues with the media buses. they had some subtle digs about it though the broadcast

1 Like

Enjoying the coverage thus far. I don’t like sevens graphics… Too chunky.

I’m sick of the ads already and I really want to stick needles in my eyes when I see promos for upcoming seven shows… They’re all just woeful programs.
And can seven give us a break with the mark Ferguson ads… No one cares for the bloke or his presenting style or his news bulletin.

4 Likes

Not delayed in Adelaide as its a Port game.

1 Like

It sounds like NZ is getting Jim Wilson’s commentary of the opening ceremony (or a very close sound alike)…is he doing it for Seven or the world feed? There was a South African commentator at the start of the broadcast.

Never mind. It’s the guy who does the anchoring on the Australian Open world feed whose name escapes me

I’ve been using the premium version of the app for the last half hour or so, it’s already frozen twice and I’m sick of ads for 800 Words or The Big Music Quiz :sleeping:

2 Likes

well this ceremony is about as fun as a case of haemorrhoids… it’s just been turned off in our house.

4 Likes

[quote=“MarkHD, post:423, topic:627, full:true”]
well this ceremony is about as fun as a case of haemorrhoids… it’s just been turned off in our house.
[/quote] Maybe it will be better by Monday. They do say Seven do the Olympics the best, so…

The political right will be having conniptions at this ceremony with the clearly political environmental message on climate change. I can just see Andre bolt now frothing at the mouth. Not to mention Paul Murray, the staff at the Australian newspaper, the staff at Fox News, Rowan Dean and that crazy one nation senator from Queensland (not Pauline).

7 Likes

it’s not Seven’s fault, it’s the actual “ceremony” - there’s nothing to hold the interest.

3 Likes