Olympics Coverage - History

So is every Channel 7 channel (07, 70, 71, 72, 73) on TV in HD? Does it apply to regional areas?

No.

From what I’ve seen, nothing from the app or online is HD.

1 Like

I have a feeling, they said “highlights” (videos) will be in HD however

I wish NBC could do very limited commercials… Seven could do that with AFL too…

2 Likes

I’ve been pleasantly surprised and impressed by how few ad-breaks they taken, particularly during the Parade of Nations. Have only seen one break (didn’t see all of it so there could be more) during that part to show only a McDonalds ad.

Seven HD through Foxtel IQ3. Kudos to 7 limiting the commercials. CBC has been showing ads during the parade of athletes and skipping nations frustrating Canadian viewers.

6 Likes

Another short ad came on during the Brazilian parade of athletes

For those who may be interested, here in South Korea the opening ceremony is being telecast live simultaneously on the three major terrestrial networks, KBS(1), SBS, and MBC, all commercial free. Although the official rights holder is SBS, they on sell different events to different networks, and yesterday’s Fiji v Korea soccer, the first telecast Olympic event, was shown on KBS.

3 Likes

I’ve uploaded some caps of Seven’s network Olympics sponsor graphics

{in the Seven on-air presentation thread}

1 Like

I’m assuming like the system used in Canada between CBC, TSN & Sportsnet - SBS keeps the ‘main sports’ like athletics and swimming to air?

To be honest, it’s a bit hard to tell how they have divided up the sports. I know SBS has the swimming, and gymnastics for which Korea has high hopes. KBS has archery, which mightn’t seem important but Korea has high hopes.
I know one consideration was the minimal disruption of popular drama series!

1 Like

Sevens coverage really struggling without a rio based studio. Mark beretta and Edwina hosting from some random place with hand held microphones. It’s tacky. They needed a Rio studio in the IBC. This is a massive failure I’m afraid.

7 Likes

By how much was it delayed? The preliminary soccer was about 7 seconds behind Seven.

Hamish doing some sort of preview vocie over… Terrible. What does this network see in this bloke. He lacks talent to host coverage, his voice is annoying and he lacks warmth and charisma.

2 Likes

I must unfortunately take back k my comments earlier about Hamish doing FNF from next year…

cmo already getting edgy with Ch 7 :disappointed:

Did Seven have any cameras inside the main stadium - did they break from the host broadcast to highlight the Australian team?

NBC explains why the opening ceremony was on tape delay - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nbc-rio-olympics-tape-delay_us_57a53db2e4b03ba6801278f3

I looked for this. They normally do so. But I don’t think they did. There was no extended look at the Australian team.

Must have been in the small print in the AFL Rights - 1 billion dollars plus my brother :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes