Olympics Coverage - History

No, Kitchen HQ isn’t at Eveleigh.

False. The CBC app in Canada looks nothing like the C7 app.

1 Like

I know Seven has some app you can pay for to watch the games, which I assume people will run from their phones, but are they providing coverage via a normal web browser?

Yes it does, via a second site. The other site is for general Olympic news, interviews and schedules.

Is that just a streamed version of the three FTA channels? I thought the app will let you watch any sport and I was asking about a website that has the same thing, like the Australian Open tennis site that lets you watch any court (except you’d have to pay for it).

See the above post. When viewed from a desktop computer, that site will display a web version of the app.
All the streams will be under “live” - but will only be active when the relevant events are on. At the moment only the links to the FTA streams are active since no events are on at the moment.

Okay, great. It has a live soccer game on now. The video started very jerky and soon it froze altogether. I hope it’s not going to be plagued by technical problems. It didn’t ask me to pay to access it.

On my phone it keeps crashing at the moment. Yesterday it wouldn’t play streams and asked me to update the app (it was already the latest version). So it’s not lookin great so far.

That said, it was working fine for me a few days ago when I first downloaded it and it had the test streams running.

ABC Local Radio has most Olympics coverage on Digital Radio…expect for the swimming finals.

Will the prime-time segment “In Rio Today” (hosted by Hamish) rate high?

I know London 2012 got as high as 1.7m or so (but that was a very high rating year of TV).

@webguy, I thought the Eveleigh studios is what “Seven Productions” in Sydney used (i.e.) for MKR & House Rules?

1 Like

Really useful info that has been available from news.com.au this week - How long can AUS hold onto the number 2 position?

13 Likes

External shots of Kitchen HQ are of the former Paramount Building in Brisbane St Surry Hills. Happy to be corrected though - I just assumed that meant they filmed inside as well - they put a lot of emphasis on exterior shots of that building when referring to Kitchen HQ which seems strange if it’s not actually there.

3 Likes

Nup it’s filmed in a studio, though I’m not sure exactly where that studio is (I always assumed Eveleigh though given they do everything else for the show in that area).

You used to be able to see studio space behind the revolving door from some angles before they put up some sort of screen on the other side to try and make it look like the street was just outside.

1 Like

The 7 Olympics app is currently the No 1 free app being downloaded in Australia. It has finally passed Pokemon

3 Likes

How do you connect to premiem (if Telstra mobile customer)?

When I first downloaded, all I saw was three bar options for “Sign in with Facebook, Google or eMail”?

I even switched WiFi off (i.e.) 4G

Click on a video/option with a padlock and it gives you the option to activate your Telstra premium content. You’ll need to be on the cellular network to do this (not to the wifi)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Yep, choose one of them based on how you want to sign in (email is probably easiest), follow the instructions and then follow @NRN11 's post

don’t pay $20… buy a $2 telstra sim and get it for free. thats what i did

5 Likes
  • According to EPG (at leasf until next Saturday) *

RIO 2016 OLYMPICS

Midnight to Sunrise: Todd Woodbridge

9am to 2pm: Jim Wilson

2pm to “The Chase”: Kylie Gillies

“In Rio Today” (7pm to 9:30pm): Hamish McLachlan

9:30pm to 10:30pm: Hamish McLachlan

10:30pm to Midnight: Mel McLaughlin

NB/
Opening Ceremony lead-up: Joh Griggs & Basil Zempilas

Opening Ceremony: Joh Griggs & Basil Zempilas, with Bruce McAvaney & Andrew Gaze.

Day 1 on Seven Network: Only the Opening Ceremony (6am to 1:30pm) & repeated during “In Rio Today”.

Most of tomorrow afternoon is repeats of “Off The Record” with Bruce.

Saturday arvo AFL for Melbourne & Adelaide viewers (delayed) from 3pm.

2 Likes