Oh no, not that song again!

Lenny Kravitz “Fly Away” He has plenty of hits they could play instead of this one:-1:-1:

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve never been a big Lenny fan myself, apart from “Are You Gonna Go My Way”, everything else he’s released has been pretty average in my opinion.

1 Like

The only Lenny Kravitz song I really like is “Believe”, and it’s a great tune with an awesome guitar solo at the end. It definitely belongs in the ‘songs lost to radio’ thread.

Agreed Mr Nerd, great song that you seldom hear these days

Funnily enough, I always liked ‘Fly Away’ and thought it was one of the better and lesser-played songs of his. Hearing the opening bars of ‘Are You Gonna Go My Way’ however generally sends me reaching for the bucket, or at least the off button…

1 Like

Iggy Pop with Kate Pierson from the B52s “Candy”:-1:
Foo Fighters “Learn to Fly”

Must admit I have a soft spot for that one as it was one of the first songs I remember on the charts back when I was a youngster. It doesn’t get all that much airplay at least down here.

1 Like

I agree, I think that’s Iggy Pop’s best song.

“Real Wild Child” isn’t bad either.

1 Like

Absolute seem to absolutely thrash Mumford & Sons… heard them twice already today…

Ant Music by Adam and the ants
Counting the beat by the swingers

Overplayed in my view. I heard it on hhh fm. Its ok they also some great songs too.

2 Likes

Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
The “Feel Shit” Triple M stations are flogging this song to death just like every other song that they play :-1:

4 Likes

Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
Beautiful Day - U2

Both instant station changers.

Beautiful Day definitely :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any U2 song is a station changer for me… particularly anything after the “Unforgettable Fire” LP.

1 Like

Australian Crawl, “Boys Light Up”,my least favourite song from them👎

3 Likes

Yes, my one of my least favourite Crawl songs too.

I think my three faves would be “Oh Not You Again”, “Errol” and “Things Don’t Seem”. Interesting that two of those don’t feature James Reyne on lead vocals,

2 Likes

John Cougar Mellancamp, “Small Town”
Hunters and Collectors,” Holy Grail”I did like this one but I’m getting sick of itnow👎

2 Likes

I’m with you on H&C, still like the JCM song as I don’t hear it that often.

Agree with the John Cougar Mellencamp song, but still like Holy Grail.

1 Like

Quite honestly, anything by Queen. I wouldn’t be disappointed if I never heard “Bohemian Rhapsody” or “We Will Rock You” on the radio again. It’s a shame it has come to that, because I personally think Queen are a great band and they released so many good songs over the course of their career.

However, the recent “Bohemian Rhapsody” biopic has resulted in their music being eaten up by millions of shallow, mainstream fans around the world and their new position as the “hottest thing in music” right now is becoming tiresome.

4 Likes

If anything, I have been enjoying their music even more since the movie was released, as that made me realise how good they really were, and how we’ll sadly never hear another band like them again, particularly given the current state of rock music.

3 Likes